LS Crank and Rods

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blwnsmke

the ls rods are, at least in stock form are a little wider then the gsr rods at the small end, i'm not sure about the aftermarket ones, but to fit any type r or gsr piston on to a ls rod about 1mm of material needs to be removed from each side of the ls rod to have the piston fit properly.

Though you might want to check the width of your rod, if you ended up buying them and they needed modification a machine shop could shave them down for a small price.

ls rod small end witdth is 19.9mm and a gsr rod small end width is 17.9mm

Ahh i see what your saying. The actual LS rod end that hooks to the wrist pin? I am running the Eagle H Beams so Im not sure if they are the same and stock or what?? So in order for my to run those pistons Ill most likely have to have my rods shaved down a little?

most likely yes, but you might want to either measure the rod ends with a micrometer or ask the manufacturer, if you do need to shave them down a tad its not that expensive to have a machine shop do but again you might want to ask around i've never dealt with eagle rods before only know from my previous ls-vtec expierence with stock rods

Back