LS crank on gsr block 2.0l displacement

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JdMsoles

So i couldn't find a thread about it, but i know that a ls crank has a longer stroke compared to the gsr its like 89m stroke right, but my question is what do i need to look at for when doing this and what kind of piston should i run gsr or ls low comp pistons??., to make my gsr block into a 2.0l block its going to be boosted so any advice would be great!...
also is there a list of cranks and their stroke lengths ... any help would be very helpful .

thanks guys

Use the stock gsr crank
take the pistons out of the block (leave crank in) and have the it bored at a machine shop...
then purchase the larger pistons to get the desired desplacement, you can get an oversized pistons.
get some eagle rods to support the boost. and i suggest wiseco pistons for forced induction

yea thats what i was thinking, but i thought it would be easier to to increase displacement by a different stroke then increasing bore size. But how safe is it to bore out a motor if its being boosted. would it hold the same if it was not overbored. i know they hold up to like 500 or so...

You can run an LS crank with LS rods in a GSR block. also you can bore the stock sleeves 1mm over stock safely. If you are not looking to re-sleeve it I would run the LS crank and rods get it bored 1mm and have the block posted and run a block guard. But that's just my opinion everyone thinks differently. Everyone likes to boost the LS motor because of the crank ratio. This would give you the LS crank ratio in your GSR block plus have the safe guards of the block being posted and the block guard for alot cheaper than re-sleeving.

You can run an LS crank with LS rods in a GSR block. also you can bore the stock sleeves 1mm over stock safely. If you are not looking to re-sleeve it I would run the LS crank and rods get it bored 1mm and have the block posted and run a block guard. But that's just my opinion everyone thinks differently. Everyone likes to boost the LS motor because of the crank ratio. This would give you the LS crank ratio in your GSR block plus have the safe guards of the block being posted and the block guard for alot cheaper than re-sleeving.

what he said but i personally might not do the block guard unless i was doing a fairly high HP application just because i have heard about block guards causing overheating due to decreased coolant flow. but like Wikidconsepshnz said everyones got a diff opinion.

Back