1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ls crank

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by tazinva, Nov 6, 2011.

1. tazinva

tazinva Member

Napa has a ls crank and bearings that are fitted to the crank as a set. It sales for 289. Would u trust the parts I use them for other stuff but a crank I don't know. I looked at o autozone they said 249 with a 39 $ core what to do ?

2. 78civic

78civic Junior Member

Try Northernauto.com They were offering crank kits for under 200 a while back if my memory is correct.
    Then:
    Orieley, carquest, Amazon etc... usually for a 'first time buyer' they might even give a discound.

E

3. Magana559

Magana559 The Warden

buy a used OEM LS crank and match your bearings when your building. no way to tell what bearings you will need without the crank being in the block.

4. tazinva

tazinva Member

That's what I thought I just can't find one and I would like to match the bearings my self

5. 78civic

78civic Junior Member

LONG ago, I got bit by suppliers by ordering a few different sized bearings, trying them out with plastic-gauge and they wouldn't take back the 'measured' ones that didn't get to spec.
    And YES, I did clean the wax off with cleaner. It was the slight burnishing on the backs that they didn't like. They said "it's a SPECIAL ORDER and we can't sell a bearing that's been INSTALLED in a ____"!

SO kiddies, Find a 'good' supplier that will know how to help and get you what YOU need!

E

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted