Ls EK parts?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ThatNinja

Sorry if this could have been found from a search but my internet usage is limited to my cell so some things just dont work. What year and model alternators and starters can be used, on a 97 b18b in a 96 ek. Ive found a 97 crv with both things and it being a b series im hoping the parts will work since its hard to find honda parts here.

To swap a B18B or B20 into an Ek you need; 99-00 Si rear trans mount bracket, Si driver side mount bracket(bolts to the block), Del Sol Vtec AC mount bracket, 94-01 Integra or 99-00 Si shifter, use all stock civic rubber motor mounts. Wiring may be as simple as plugging everying in and extending any needed sensors, for LX and DX modles. EX will all plug right in and is wired for vtec if you are going LS/vtec. The HX modle needs a bit more wiring, 5 wire HX o2 to B series 4 wire o2, HX 3 wire CFS to B series 2 wire CFS. Plus removing al the extra un needed HX EGR wiring. Dont worry about the starters they all will work just the same, use the one for the motor and trans you use(if using LS use the one from the LS ect). Same with the Alternator just use the one for your motor. The civic's plug will plg right in.

Well, thanks for that much, but the motor is already in and bolted up. I was just looking at what parts are compatible since I cannot find another b18 to get the few things the car needs to be done.
Onto the original question of will any B series OBDII alternator and starter work, such as the ones off of the '97 b20 CRV Ive found?
If anyone in my area has these parts along with a radiator I can use, or the front end parts and airbag for atleast the pass. side for an EK hatch, please let me know, 504.913.5512 would be the best bet to contact me with my internet situation.

I think the B20 alternator will work just fine as should the starter. The B20 is just a bored over LS block. I would think all B series alternators and starters will work with one another. But it isnt expensive to but new parts from the local parts store. Used parts can be hit and miss.

Thanks, I actually had the bright idea to finally call Autozone about a new alt. and starter, turns out with the money you get back for returning the old one you end up spending as much if not less for the one from a junkyard. Now the mission is to get my hands on a radiator and a couple hous or free time to install everything and handle up the wiring.m

Yeah they will work as long as they are b series. But, most crv's came in auto and there's quite a few thats manual so you might want to check on that. Other than that it should work, well mine did I used the b20 alternator but not the starter due to the fact the it was an auto tranny crv. Oh yeah when youre doen good luck on the traction problem. HEHEHE. Gotta find yourself a set of tires that can grab really good and get the job done.

If you are looking for a good but cheap radiator upgrade for you EK Ls swap, get a Del Sol Vtec radiator. It has a larger core plus the inlet and outlet sizes are the right sizes for the Ls hoses. Cool better and is cheap, looks nice and OEM as well.

Back