LS EK swap ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DxCiViCxD99

Hey guys, i seem to be gettin some trouble on a wiring issue for the OBD 1 LS swap in a 99 EK. I think that some how the Crank angle sensor and the cam sensor need to be bypassed in the wiring. Not totally sure on this thats why im here but the car will start but not stay running maybe someone has delt with this before. If anyone can help itd be greatly appreciated.

Please help

Alright guys heres the deal i had someone swap the engine for me, i got the wrong OBD motor from the company i had bought it from so ive got a 99 EK with an OBD1 LS in it. The shop that did the swap wired it up where it will run but with codes and small throttle issues. What is gonna be my best bet and bang for the buck to get this thing running codeless with no throttle issue. They suggested buy an OBD1 Harness and ECU and it will solve it, surely it cant be that easy? BTW currenty i have a hacked OBD2 Harness from the civic and the civic OBD2 ECU running it

Just swapped my OBD1 B18 into my 98 coupe. I used the stock civic harness. Just use a ODB1 dizzy plug and Alt plug. Then run the obd1 ecu with jumper harness. I get no codes and throttle is smooth. Also make sure this is legal in your state.:D

Back