LS Engine Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18b1_delsol

I'm new to the engine building and i have done some research just want personal experince. I have an ls with 85000 miles with t4 on 9lbs tuned and rev bumped to 7800. I want to build the motor this winter/spring. I just want some input in how i should build the motor rather i should just install a set of dish pistons and rings or should i also do rods and such. My goal is to bump up the psi to 12 -15 lbs. Is a block guard a good thing to install when i do the work also? Is the head good to leave alone or should i do work also like spring retainer and possibly cams. Just let me know from you experience just trying to get a feel.Thanks!

Your LS is capable of pushing 12psi on stock internals as long as you get it tuned. Also you might want to tell the tuner not to give your ecu an aggresive tune and to lower your redline back down to the stock redline so you don't spin a bearing. A friend of mine has 93 teg with a stock ls engine and he pushes 10 daily and 12 religously at the track and he's been doing this for about 2 years now and he gets an irregular idle every now and then but no problems otherwise. THE TUNE IS EVERYTHING!!

Yea i have a really good tune and it is tuned on the rich side. but 12 psi on what size turbo tho. I move alot of cfm. I hasn't seen redline but once, damn two step. Okay so should i just put a set of rings in it or just leave it alone because it is a DD I burn oil at wot high rpms.

Back