LS/GSR Swaybars on EG8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRAZYEG9

I'm thinking about getting stock sway bars from a 94-01 Ls, or GSR, Integ. I believe they're 22mm front 13-14mm rear. I want stock ones because I don't want no crazy thick aftermarkets or type Rs since they can do chasis damage. Do you guys think this is a good Idea, and will I need the beaks kit with OEM LS/GSR bars. My car is an eg 4dr LX, non swaybar equipped.

any sway bar can tear-out the subframe. the thicker ones just happen to be better at it :p it still happens with oem setups as well.

since your civic doesn't have the LCA's with the moutning holes, which ever setup you use, your going to want to swap the rear lca's out as well.

IMO, i'd just go with the suspension techniques bar. its bad ass, and is properly setup to not need a beaks kit.

s3ffe05f641ec3.jpg

Thats a sweet kit but if you are trying stay cheap and go the stock way you have 3 options.

1. you can do what i did and drill a hole in each lower control arm and mount the oem sway bar that way. (ctr has a similar setup) i have run this for over a year with no problems on my eg.

2. buy integra lower control arms from a junk yard and mount it up like stock.

3. buy one of those srr or similar brand lower control arms and mount the stock bar to that.

Back