Ls/gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i figured id try to get some answers on here first..i thought this what was the forum was for...

Not when you have friends who build badass motors. Who needs the internet when you got all knowing engine builder friends.

ok back on topic...can someone tell me what the best setup would be??i have the gsr pistons,rods,and an ls crank,and possible block..

Sell what you have and buy a complete B18 block. That's the best and most low cost route.
ok..so what should i do with the block..work on externals(intake mani,fuelrail,fuel pressure regulator,throttlebody)or jump right to the internals??also what combo should i use on the b18 block??im def. using a b16 head..but like what pistons,crank,rod? i was told that using b16 pistons is best route

Sell what you have and buy a complete B18 block.

Is this part that hard to understand? Have your GSR pistons mounted onto LS rods, use the LS crank. BAM youre fucking done.

Or, to raise compression, get a set of PR3 or P30 pistons, pretty sure you'd be sitting at 11.x:1 CR, which is good for all motor setups.

What are your future plans with the car? You gonna boost it?

Make sure you replace the stock rod bolts with ARP rod bolts otherwise your LSvtec will be a waste of cash, cuz spinning it past the stock LS redline would not be a wise decision.

Also, if youre LS SHORTBLOCK is 90-95, I highly suggest purchasing NEW from HONDA/ACURA a P72 oil pump, which is found on all 96 and newer B Series engines. This oil pump is often referred to as the "ITR oil pump" which in reality... is the same between ITR, GSR, B16... blah blah from 96+.

Also, since now youre entering the world of LSvtec, I also suggest purchasing the Golden Eagle LSvtec conversion kit... but, I also suggest ditching the headgasket thats supplied and using either an OEM LS headgasket or possibly getting a cometic headgasket to fit your bore...

You following me?

Is this part that hard to understand? Have your GSR pistons mounted onto LS rods, use the LS crank. BAM youre fucking done.

Or, to raise compression, get a set of PR3 or P30 pistons, pretty sure you'd be sitting at 11.x:1 CR, which is good for all motor setups.

What are your future plans with the car? You gonna boost it?

Make sure you replace the stock rod bolts with ARP rod bolts otherwise your LSvtec will be a waste of cash, cuz spinning it past the stock LS redline would not be a wise decision.

Also, if youre LS SHORTBLOCK is 90-95, I highly suggest purchasing NEW from HONDA/ACURA a P72 oil pump, which is found on all 96 and newer B Series engines. This oil pump is often referred to as the "ITR oil pump" which in reality... is the same between ITR, GSR, B16... blah blah from 96+.

Also, since now youre entering the world of LSvtec, I also suggest purchasing the Golden Eagle LSvtec conversion kit... but, I also suggest ditching the headgasket thats supplied and using either an OEM LS headgasket or possibly getting a cometic headgasket to fit your bore...

You following me?
sorry,i did not specify what i meant..i meant after i sell the stuff.and get the b18 block..what should i do with it...and yes this will be my first build,but ive helped friends with their lsvtec..i already know what i have to do to have the vtec head working properly so the golden eagle conversion kit isnt a must..and i would like to thank you all for the help your providing me with

golden eagle kit makes it so you dont have to tap the vtec head for oil. you need to do some serious research or just sell your shit and buy a already vtec motor

golden eagle kit makes it so you dont have to tap the vtec head for oil. you need to do some serious research or just sell your shit and buy a already vtec motor

Techinically you still have to TAP and SEAL an oil galley with the supplied plug from the GE kit... but otherwise, you remove a big hex bolt thingy, plumb your oil fee line from the head to the sandwich adapter...

I think its sorta ghetto and pretty gay to use a bunch of brass fittings on the back of the block and such... but thats me.

sorry i had been drinkin some beers so i wasnt think correctly, but it makes the swap easier. i hear you about those brass fitting thou

well i have already have the vtec conversion covered...but i have done some research..i think im going to go with an LS block(b18) and put some JDM b16 pistons in it..i dont know what ill do for crank and rods..soo please help..

You say JDM b16 pistons, well there are I think 3 different JDM b16 pistons. CTR (PCT), P30 and Pr3's... so which will you use? I suggest PCT's.

use the ls rods and crank, that way you won't run into clearance issues.

IMO if you don't use an LS crank/rod then well its not an LSvtec anymore...

You say JDM b16 pistons, well there are I think 3 different JDM b16 pistons. CTR (PCT), P30 and Pr3's... so which will you use? I suggest PCT's.

IMO if you don't use an LS crank/rod then well its not an LSvtec anymore...
i was told to use the pr3..but im looking for the best setup

If youre going ALL MOTOR and looking for max HP... PCT's will give you a higher compression and more comp. = more powah!

But, with compression comes cmas so figure out what cams youre running.

Back