Ls Head B16 Block???????????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lewellgd

92CivicHatchCxBORNINCALI
Might think im Stupid but question--------- I got a LS swaped into a eg coupe the block blew----- I can get a LS block for a couple hundred or a b16 block for basically free----- Has anyone ever heard or tried to put a ls head on a B16 block---- If so let me know if it is possible---- if it will run ok and what mods do i have to do for it to work-----:confused:

Im sorrta in the same boat. I have someone thats gonna basically give me a b16 block, but im not rally sure i wanna try this combination. I coulda just bought a zc and kept all my old parts. I just feel like doing this would be taking steps backwards. The only positive i can see outta of this is the b16 is able to rev really high but without vtec i dont know how that would work out. Plus if you do this you would have to plug the oil port on the block, like if you were doing an ls vtec, only opposite, and the head dowels would be an issue as well. I guess if it came down to money then yeah it would work but im scared itll be really slow. You would have to shave the piss out of the ls head just to get some compression back and use a b16 tranny on the setup. then you might have the equivallency of a DOHC zc, maybe.

ok i was just wondering the block that i can get is high comp-- its got je pistons and some other crap that i havent cared to ask yet---- i have a built sir2 head but i was thinkin about smog---- but o well better to be fast then legal right----- i still would like to hear more stories if anyone has been successful at a good hp vtec block with ls head sounds like something to play with if your really bored---

ok i was just wondering the block that i can get is high comp-- its got je pistons and some other crap that i havent cared to ask yet---- i have a built sir2 head but i was thinkin about smog---- but o well better to be fast then legal right----- i still would like to hear more stories if anyone has been successful at a good hp vtec block with ls head sounds like something to play with if your really bored---

Not really any info on this swap...no-one does it. Im pretty sure it sux for performance. Theres not really anything that I can find on google, I really dont think its worth doing. Unless you really have to get your car going and this is a last resort.

sdjnksdfhsdkf

ya ill just use the b16 block for my b16 head i got then and ill by a ls for the ls--- makes sence lol-----

Back