Ls In 93 Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crx0200

I have a 93 civic ex and I purchased a LS motor with tranny and axles. I know that I need the LS motor mounts, LS axles, and tranny. My questions are: Do I need to change the hub assembly to fit the LS axles? Do I need to make changes with the wire harness? And which ecu do I use? The LS is out of a 96 integra. I searched the site and did'nt find these specific details. Any info will be grately appreciated.

no you will have to ger del-sol v-tech axels i have a 92 vx with that swap you also have to get a/c bracket and the trany bracket,and a lower L bracket from a 94 integra half shaft frome a 94 integra shiftlinkage same make sure you get delsol v-tech the one with b16 some modes will have to be done to your harness any more stuff you dont know send me a email jdm_eg_ls@yahoo.com

umm no.

you can use the axles. they fit fine.
the only thing from a del sol vtec that you need is the a./c compressor bracket, that is if you choose to keep a/c :)
other than that, all the teg parts will work.

you got a couple things to do-
your motor is obd2a, your car is obd1.

the easiest way to get this thing running is to use an obd1 integra LS p75 ecu. that will plug right into your car.
rip the harness off your motor now.. and plug it in to as many sensors as you can.
you will have to swap/cut/paste plugs from the integra harness onto the civic harness. the plugs are different, as are the wire colors, but generally, there should be the same amounts for each sensor.
the main problem areas will be the injectors, the alternator, and the distributor.
other spots, you may have to lengthen some wires.
get a helms manual for both your car, and the 96 ls teg - http://www.helminc.com

or, sell it, and buy a 94-95 LS motor, and it will botl right in, and plug right up. probably shoudl have read our non-recommended swaps article before ya bought

Now im no expert by any means but am trying nearly the same swap. I have a 97 ls going into my 93 civic cx. I got the engine mounted in this weekend. As far as the wiring goes the integra engine wiring harness plugged into every plug on the civics chassis harness. There was not one plug that didnt work. Than I used a p75 ecu off a 95 ls because it is obd 1 and from what i hear it should run perfect. We started the engine up and did a few tests (compression, leak down which may be irrelevant) which all came out perfect but there are no axels or shift linkage on the car yet so it has not been drivin. Guess i just wanted to let you guys know that my 97 integra engine harness plugged into the civic chassis harness with out any pluggs needing to be swaped cut or anything. The p75 ecu plugged right in too. So i can just hope from what i heard that is all i need to do to get it working correctly.

Back