Ls In a Eg hatch NEED MORE POWER!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lewellgd

92CivicHatchCxBORNINCALI
What do i need to do to a 95 ls motor to get more power i need more power bad. Dont have much money tho. Throw me some ideas. Of course i already have intake headers and exhaust.

Nice Thanks for the help
it is help. you have i/h/e, you have a limited budget. show me something else where you can get 75 hp for under $400.

you can't afford a turbo, cams wont give you much more power, and a vtec head will also not give you as much power. you wanted help, you got it.

I have turbo but scared to blow my motor up daily driver. It is a straight to manifold set up no intercooler but have bov waste gate and boost controller.

well, if you have a turbo and don't set it up right, you are going to blow it. if it's your daily driver, leave it stock. wait until you have more money to set it up right. i know it's not the answer that you want to hear, but it's how life is.

Save up a few bucks and do an LS/vtec. GSR or B16 Head.

I hate when people say they're afraid to turbo cause they daily drive it......Stupid bullshit! I've had a few turbo'd cars that I daily drove 100+ miles a day without any issues. I drove my Accord to Canada and back. I drove my Matrix Turbo'd to Atlanta from PA and back, 16hrs each way. 32mpg too!

if you're running a LS tranny, DITCH IT!.. the gearing blows and thats why the car is slow.. throw a GSR or b16 tranny and you'll be good to go

i agree. If you want more power and fun out of your car? Put together and agenda like this.

Turbo and tune, that's it.

Even with the long gears in the LS you'll be flying down the motorway with even a mild turbo attached.
I would recommend saving $1000 - 1200 to spend that seems to be the minimum amount that insures you won't blow your motor. Just when all is put together get it tuned and you won't have to worry about blowing your engine .

I wouldn't do the LS/Vtec because to build it right so it will last costs some big $$$. I am in the process right now and am up around 3500 with the rods, bolt, head studs, srp pistons, new bearings, type r oil pump and water pump, etc etc etc.

TURBO! It can be reliable with a conservative tune. Just keep one thing in mind, don't get cocky with the boost or ignition retard. "safe" ignition retard would be somewhere from 0.8 deg / lb or boost and up depending on the turbo. Also keep the AFR in the low 12:1 and richer when in boost. Should be pretty safe with that.

I usually run 12:1 flat in boost, and the timing retard is pretty much as you stated. I was running 17psi daily on my Accord for awhile, I knew it wasnt going to last long though and I was already planning on something else, so I pushed it! Before that I drove it around at 10-12. Still plenty quick for a DD commuter :p

The quickest way to build power on the Anemic LS head is to turbo it. You can attempt ls/vtec which is another good way to build power but going turbo is going to give you bigger result for less money. It was $$$ before grassroots tuning came out. Now with programs like uberdata, chrome, turboedit, plus all the variations it's cheap to get someone to give your ecu a custom program.

Back