ls in del sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jr5

hey i have a 94 del sol type s, looking for a swap, i decided to go with a ls swap for now, later on do ls vtec, i can get the full swap for 500...but i want to buy some things for it to make it more reliable since it is used and has about 100k on it. What things should i buy to make the new motor be more reliable. i have about 1500 saved for this, what would be my best option..its my daily driver so i cant afford to have this break on me. thanks

What are you future power goals for your setup. I would also get some p30 pistons installed since you are doing a rebuild, and it will give ya bit more power now and prep you for you LS/vtec setup. If you wanna go for a simple rebuild:

- Timing Belt Kit
- Water Pump
- Valve cover kit
- Spark plugs + wires
- Dizzy cap and rotor
- Oil change w/ OEM filter

My rebuild :) (setting up for boost on my b18b):
- (OEM) Timing Belt Kit
- (OEM) Waterpump
- (OEM) Valve Cover Kit
- STR Cam Shaft Seal
- (OEM) Headgasket
- ARP Head studs
- (OEM) Oil Pan Gasket
- (OEM) PS + ALT belts
- (OEM) Fuel Filter
- ARP Rod Bolts
- (OEM) Main Bearings
- (OEM) Rod Bearings
- (OEM) Thrust Washers
- (OEM) Exhaust Header Gasket
- (OEM) Dizzy cap + rotor
- (OEM) Spark Wires
- NGK Spark Plugs

i plan on goin ls vtec then turbo, thats why i want eevrything to be fresh as possible, anything else you would replace?

In that case i would use my list, except while you are rebuilding the block get some aftermarket rods and pistons.

personally, i wouldn't touch it.

i'd wait to build it up until i was ready to do the read swap, and then do it all at once.

agreed with pissedoffsol, what i think you should do is save up more money, build up another engine on the side and once you have everything ready then do the swap. allow yourself some down time as well.

so you guys thinks it best to swap it in the sol with all the old stuff? i thought replacing some of the old parts would be good

Back