ls internals?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

redacteg1233

i have a 91 integra ls. i recently spun a bearing and was reading in honda tuning about ls's and vtec b18s. they said the only difference in the blocks is that the ls has slightly longer rods there fore shorter pistons. bloth the blocks are the same deck height and from what they said is the gsr crank is balanced more precise. will a gsr crank work in an ls?

Correction my friend. The GSR rods are longer than the LS. The LS has a longer stroke than the GSR. Here are the lengths:
LS Stroke 89mm
GSR Stroke 87.2mm
LS Rod Length 137mm
GSR Rod Lenth 137.2mm
Shorter stroke is more for High RPMS
Longer stroke is more for Low End(Torque)
The GSR crank will fit but if your using the ls rods and pistons you will have like 8.5 or so compression, if ya use GSR crank with the GSR rods and LS pistons you will have 9.3 or so compression, if ya use GSR crank with GSR rods and pistons you will have 10 something compression.
Also the LS block has a shorter deck height than the GSR.

thanks, thats just what i read in honda tuning mag. im prob gonna go with the gsr crank with aftermarket rods and pistons

Also note if your gonna use a vtec head your better off getting a gsr block instead putting the gsr crank if the ls block

Back