LS into 97 Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

djSALIX

http://www.totaljdm.com/index.cfm/fuseacti...8B%20G2_jdm.htm (OBD2)

I've done some more reading, and I'm thinking of purchasing that (granted some people tell me that site is good) a GSR transmission, and an ECU (need help with that) and having a shop install it in my 97 Civic EX (coupe).

Would all that be under my budget of $2200?

Also can anyone recommend any good shops in the Northeast (I'm in CT)

I don't care about 1/4 times, WHP, or anything. I just want it to be a little quicker than my D16Y8, and hopefully prolong the life of my car (College coming up). I want to have the shop build up the internals of it, but I keep reading different things on what to do with a stock LS motor in a Civic.

All help is appreciated!

EDIT: would i need to purchase anything else beside the Motor, Transmission, and ECU for a shop to swap it in? Right now I'm just doing research, this will be going into my car late July to Mid-August.

Judging from the price, I'd say that is just the longblock, no axles, shiftlinkage, nothing, so no, I don't think in the end it will be anything near you budget. You also have to consider shipping too, and labor generally runs another $500-$1000.

could you recommend a place on where to get everything? or at least get each piece seperately, but cheaper?

For $2200 you could of started putting a turbo on your Y8. You could probably get a whole kit for about $800-$1000 more and be WAY faster than the LS....and still be under the price of shipping, the cost of the engine and tranny, having a shop install it, buying axles, shift linkage, rear mount, getting the exhaust welded to mate with your stock... and no vtec.

How would I go about building my car to handle the turbo? What would I need to make sure the motor doesn't blow, remember this is my daily driver, thats why I wanted to keep an all-motor LS

Also you will need to buy a few mounts from a 99-00 SI and a 96 Del Sol DOHC AC bracket if you want to keep your AC. you will also need to Rewire the crank sensor and the IACV. But thats all really easy.,

Yea, you really need to contact these places because stock changes pretty quick. And that's about the going rate for a complete swap.

Back