LS into an HX? Ohh baby.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

imlachg1

Here is what I got to drop into my 00 civic HX.

97 b18b complete longblock

4-1 DC header

GSR shift linkage w/short shifter

ITR clutch and flywheel

rear 99-00 SI mount bracket

Del Sol AC bracket

Ls starter

axles and half shaft

harness conv. obd2-1(do i need this?)

98 ls ecu

I know I need a ls tranny. Is there anything else that I need. I need to know. I'm pretty sure I got most of it. I was reading in one of my books though something about a throttle cable from a 94 integra ls, and upper radiator hose from a 94 integra ls, and a lower radiator hose from a 94 del sol vtec. Do I need any of these. Please let me know. I need to put this new engine in quick.

Originally posted by imlachg1@Sep 11 2003, 06:08 PM

harness conv. obd2-1(do i need this?)

98 ls ecu

Do you want to keep the car smog legal? If so, the 1998 LS ecu WILL NOT work because of the immobilizer. To keep things smog legal, you can have the immobilizer removed or get a JDM LS ECU. I swapped an LS turbo in my 99 civic and I have a CEL because it thinks my car has VTEC. I'm currently using an SI ecu but I have already ordered a 94 OBD1 LS ECU along with a conversion harness. My recommendation is to buy the conversion harness, buy a 94 or 95 LS ECU and just switch to OBD1. OBD1 is better than OBD2 and you would get more power. It won't pass smog though in California.

Is there anything else that I would need other than the conversion harness and the obdI ecu? Thank you so much for you help. Also I live in Indiana where they don't care about smog crap. Would there be anyway I could talk with you online about this or maybe even talk with you over the phone. I could really use some good feedback from someone who has done this before.

Back