LS motor with b16 tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jordan

i am planning on useing a b16 manual transmission on my ls motor that i am getting this week.(after 3 weeks of searching finaly found a good deal on one comes with an extra head too). anyways which ecu will i need? also do i use the axles for the b16? or the b18

either axles, you didnt say what year car but i am asuming that its obd1 so get the ls ecu thats obd1 94-95 so you have the higher rpm cut off.

it is a 94 civic. not sure what year the motor is havent went and got it. it is supposed to be 93-95 not sure though. i will be getting the ecu chipped. someone told me i could use the one i have now for the sohc if i get it chipped it will work with the ls motor is that true?

are you running LS or LS/Vtec. The LS tranny is better then the Si for LS, but Si is better if it is LS/vtec. If yuo chip the ECU it will work fine, If you want an LS Tranny I have one.

Darin

The LS tranny is better then the Si for LS, but Si is better if it is LS/vtec.

i would have to be opposed to that... i would think that the SI transmission would be better for the LS, as the motor doesn't rev as quickly, and the shorter gears would benefit you... as far as i am concerned.. it you want to be fast... the shorter geared transmission is always a plus..

yeah i want to use the b16 tranny for the shorter gears. i have drove plenty of cars with ls motors and i dont like the gearing. and i am just useing the ls motor not an ls/vtec. i am gonna have the ls head ported and polished that way it will get some better flow. i am thinking about the crower 403 cams and maybe some b16 pistons to raise the compression.

:thumbsup: looks like you're on the right track. as long as your ecu is a manual, it doesn't matter what tranny you use. the ecu doesn't control the manual tranny- you do. so get the ecu for your head 90% of the time, in your case, the ls p74/p75

i picked up the engine the other day it came out of a 1990 integra. can i still use the p74 or p75 for it? also the injectors on that motor are peak and hold. i am gonna use an obd1 wiring harness and the injectors for it are not peak and hold they are saturated. will the injectors work correctly if i dont have the little resistor box for the peak and hold? also someone told me the motor mounts on the 90' ls motor wont work in my 94' civic. i was told i need 94' and up integra mounts. is that right?

Back