ls motor with turbo with type R trans ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatchback 95 hybrid

i got allot question i got ls motor with type r trans this shit is fast i even beat my boy honda gsr swap i was wondering if anybody knows doing it ls/vtec or ls turbo what would be the best way to go because i get confuse out here NYC i wanna go with set up really kick ass so people let me know taking any suggestion ! :p

go ls turbo. vtec is pointless if you have boost.

VTEC isn't pointless with turbo, it still offers more duration, more lift, it's a larger cam lobe. What becomes pointless is the valve overlap in VTEC, but if you were to disable, you'd lose the lift/duration, so might as well keep it!

as far as ls/vtec vs. turbo...two different worlds. LS/VTEC is nice, but roughly the same cost as a B20 VTEC, which is faster and more reliable, but requires a little more work to the bottom end to retain compression.

turbo is nice, but plan on learning a lot about your car or paying frequently to have it fixed. turbo is never as easy as it sounds, but it's fun if you get it done. I know the fastest street driven civic in Phoenix is an LS/VTEC turbo car. FULL INTERIOR he went 10.20...just showed up, threw slicks and skinnies on it and kicked everyone's ass, then drove home on 19 inch rims.

it's all up to you man...if you got the money, or the time to learn, TURBO. ALways the funnest way to go. Good luck either way bro.

-B

is it a green hatch in phoenix running lsvtec? does the guy own a shop down there?

so the best bet is ls turbo ? or ls/vtec . turbo i dont want to mess up this block, this block only has 40k =]

i also know the guy in phoenix, he said he just did the build to find out what it if vtec is better. he said it isn't. trust me, when you swap the cams in non-vtec you will get better power. when you boost you won't feel the vtec. ls/turbo is the way to go without a doubt.

This topic has been closed :locked:

Why? It is in the wrong place. Please post your topic in the right forums. Hybrid is not for suspension or interior posts. EG is not for EF questions, and so forth.

If you have any questions, please PM the moderator who closed this topic.

-The moderating Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back