LS N/A Tranny.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

korey

I was wondering if an LS Tranny with an ITR Final drive is a good idea. I really dont know too much about transmission anything so if I say something that is dumb, please correct me. I plan to have this as an all motor LS, nothing Insanely fast, but quick. Anyone with advice, please help me out, thanx.

without modification, it won't work.

ls/b16a share a similar size diff/ring gear
gsr/b18c specR/b16b/ share a different size.

frankly, the ls tranny isn't as bad as everyone on the net plays it out to be. you can do a LOT more to your "effective gears" with tire size...

yup go with a gsr trans or even si [assuming your trans is hydro]. but if you care about highway driving alot, watch your 5th gear. youll be revving pretty high i think 4-5k at 60? i forgot the exact number but youll be up there in your rpm range. some people swap in the gsr/si trans with an LS 5th if they are do alot of highway driving.

Originally posted by screamin_DB2@Dec 26 2003, 03:53 AM
yup go with a gsr trans or even si [assuming your trans is hydro]. but if you care about highway driving alot, watch your 5th gear. youll be revving pretty high i think 4-5k at 60? i forgot the exact number but youll be up there in your rpm range. some people swap in the gsr/si trans with an LS 5th if they are do alot of highway driving.

5th gear at 65 in the 99-00 Si tranny is around 3500-4000 rpm. 80 mph is 4500, thats what I did the entire way back from Indy thanksgiving day...and still managed to get 27 mpg. :eek: :worthy:

I drive alot, so I know exactly, I'm at 3800 rpm's at 70 mph with the b16 tranny. It's not thatbad I still get 30 mpg.

usually with the ls tranny the SiR gearing is a little too much, that is why i suggested the GSR gearing, but SiR gearing for optiimal gains.

Back