LS or B16a for my 96ek hatch?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

untitledsince89

As its stated above
I have a friend selling a LS motor out of an integra for like 250 or so without tranny
should I get it and swap that? and just get the tranny and parts

or go for a full b16 swap?

the ls will most likely be cheaper and if I buy it from him then he'll help me swap it in

while the b16 will be better/faster I believe?

I was into 240sx's and took the turn over to honda
so I don't have too much background into honda motors

Thanks

It depends on if you want to take the stock ls to an ls vtec. Keep your ls block then use a b16, gsr, or itr head. It should make more power then your b16. Then use a b16 tranny. Dont use an ls tranny they suck ass.

Make a good pick the first time. You get the lsvtec kit from golden eagle or something like that then you find a head.

go with b16. ls tranny gears are too long and you can pickup an ls short block on the street cheap. ls/vtec stock build can be done for under a thousand bucks and you can salvage the head/tranny, oil/water pump gears from the b16. good luck.

if you look at some of the fastest hondas out there.. they all use vtec, so now you need to look at what kind of power you want to make

Told you buddy, the ls vtec combination is good as long as you get the right tranny and build it right. Trust me, you want the vtec, dont use the b20head. Good luck!

and as long as you build your ls/vtec right. i've seen people just slap the head on and call it a day. later you see them rev that motor up so high they blow it. the vtec gets to your head man... lol. be careful and build it right.

umm hazzardboy.. if i recall correctly.. you thought the ls/vtec was a factory motor... you have no clue what you're talkin about

as of now i have to thing
i could get a LS motot with over 200k for like 250
which IMO is way to many miles on all the components

or I found a LS motor a friend just pulled out of his integra
w/ LS tranny for 350, which is a solid deal, I want something thats going to be cheap enough for me to swap in cleanly for the moment, making power will come later on in the form of a total engine rebuild, when I have more money
also if i do use the ls tranny, then wil I have to do the manual to hydrolic transmission swap/conversion?

If im gonna tell you to fuck off I should probably use proper grammar. "I read into them and learned, now I know".

It depends, if your car use to be cable and ls tranny is hydraulic then yes. I know my tranny is hydraulic. Or, try to find a tranny that is already cable so that you can use i when you build your motor. Like, we all said the ls tranny is junk, the ratios are to spread out. Its only good for boost.

ooooh good. Now we sound like a bunch of kids so whatever. Were suposed to help this kid now were fighting on his link. This is real mature.

yea i was about to say, thanks hazzardboy for the help
in comparison to the stock ek tranny, is the LS tranny more spread out?
if not I can stick with the LS tranny for the moment and then find a better one to use such as a b series tranny. I know my tranny is hydralic, so i'd have to swap unless I find a b18 tranny which would be hydralic then right?

well i know that b18b trannys r hydro, not 100% sure on the b18a. but i think he is comparing a b18 tranny to those of the vtec b serise trannys ( b18c's and b16a's) the ratios in these trannys r alot higher so the motor does not fall off as much inbetween gears because of the lack of any power at lower rpms

Just do it the right way, and buy a full swap online. I bought mine from jdm-online.com
very nice service, great bunch of people.
I'd say you should get the LS. Get an LS, and talk to the guys you buy it from about a B16 tranny, something with shorter gears. Then find yourself a VTEC head, and go from there. That should be a decent starting point.

Back