LS or B16a for my 96ek hatch?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Just do it the right way, and buy a full swap online. I bought mine from jdm-online.com
very nice service, great bunch of people.
I'd say you should get the LS. Get an LS, and talk to the guys you buy it from about a B16 tranny, something with shorter gears. Then find yourself a VTEC head, and go from there. That should be a decent starting point.

thanks for the help
as of now thats what i think I'm going to do
I found someone with a gsr tranny, that I may be able to get for cheap
so that with the LS will be soild till I get the money to rebuild the motor with the vtec heads

A gsr tranny will go real nice with the ls motor. I just ordered a motor from hmotorsonline.com and its on the way. I got the jdm version. Im so stoked for the 3 extra hp. Maybe now I can get out of my own way. Woop, woop

thanks for the help
as of now thats what i think I'm going to do
I found someone with a gsr tranny, that I may be able to get for cheap
so that with the LS will be soild till I get the money to rebuild the motor with the vtec heads

There ya go, nice start. Final drive ratio on the GSR trans is 4.40 i believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) so that will work nicely. The main problem with the LS is the tranny, if you're going N/A especially, you won't be satisfied with the stock LS gearing. Nice pick on the GSR tranny. If you cant get your hands on that one, look into a B16 tranny w/ LSD. Might cost you a bit more but I have heard it is worth the extra dough.

Usdm though you dont get lsd, just shorter gearing. Anyway I still wish I had one, or type r or would even cooler. My buddy has the type r tranny in his car and power aside he can almost burn through 3rd gear.

Usdm though you dont get lsd, just shorter gearing. Anyway I still wish I had one, or type r or would even cooler. My buddy has the type r tranny in his car and power aside he can almost burn through 3rd gear.

nice nice
my dream build would be to get a b16b hydro tranny, true type r hatch motor
except funds just limit my dreams

Back