LS or GSR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

one of my family members is about to do a swap. he has a 95 civic ex. he wants to know which one is an easier to do. i got someone thats gonna sell us an engine for cheap. i can get a gsr or an ls for about the same price so..................just need to know which one needs more work to put in.

Yup. They both present about the same difficulty for physical installation- the wiring is just a bit different.

yeah. and if you can get them for the same price id get the one with vtec regardless.

vtec > non-vtec

friend has a gsr in his ex, pretty damn quick 14.2

yeah, ive got a b16 and i dont think i could ever go back to nonvtec. its bad enough driving my boyfriends ex < sohc vtec >

It depends what he wants to do with the motor, LS motors are great for boost or an LS-VTEC setup. If he gets the GSR motor be sure to get rid of that stupid intake manifold with the butterfly assembly.

LS_EG

everyone says "LS for boost", fuck, the gsr is great for boost too. as i understand it, its the best vtec engine for boost. you will start with a better platform, and mod for mod, the gsr will have more hp, torque, and will all around be a better engine in the end. b18c hands down, whether you do all motor or boost. :worthy:

Back