LS Parts ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TegraDoc

I have a 2000 LS, just ordered a short ram intake, and was thinking of going with a 70mm throttle body next, after that headers exhaust and intake manifold. My question is if the throttle body would be ok, that is one part not too many people mention, seems like a major bottle neck, or would it be worthless? Any help would be great, and if your wondering, Im trying to wait to buy my intake manifold last cause Im waiting for Skunk2 to put out their composite manifold before that time comes, otherwise it will be metal, like everyone elses.:D
Any help would be great, thanx.

i think maybe that might be too big if your going to run a mild cam. remember that the more air you take in, the quicker you should push it out. so a good size cam would be good for the 70mm, but mild would ask for around 62mm-65mm but thats just my 0.02

i think the 65mm would be fine thats what i am going with but its your ride

65mm

like he said if you are going to make some changes to the engine than 70 would be fine but if you are going to make small changes stick with the 65

Back