ls qyuestion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jonblair

Wanting to know if I can run a stock ls head on a ls block that has been tapped for vtec..... also how can i tell if the block has been tapped for it?? if it matters its a b18a1

Yes you can you just have to plug the hole where the block was tapped for VTEC, make sure you plug it good though. How can you tell if it has been tapped well look for a hole on the back of the block it's an oil feed for the VTEC.

I want to make it a vtec so what is a good vtec setup so i dont have to plug it? What all will i need?

youll need new cams (if the head is only tapped and its not a vtec head) and a new ecu.

what type of cams and i was thinking of the p28 ecu do i have to chip that for vtec?

you have to get cams with the VTEC lobes...the ones for an LS wont work..youll have to use like GS-R, CTR, or ITR cams...at least thats what i would assume.

thanks for the help will i have to buy a full vtec conversion kit if it has alrady been drilled for vtec? Like the golden eagle kit.

You said you were putting the LS head on... you can't make LS head VTec, you'll have to get a VTec head...

Did you change your mind halfway through the post?

Im confused.

LS block tapped for LSV + LS head = fill the drilled hole and if it has a block adapter, remove it

LS block tapped for LSV + VTEC head = You need the ECU, wiring, block adapter and the oil line

LS block + LS head = a stock LS motor

Someone correct me if I'm wrong

b series vtec head complete
golden eagle ls vtec kit
ls block
arp head studs for the head you have
game over

Back