Ls Rods In A B16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NCHATCH

what is the best rod to use in a B16 to get more compression without having to go all out crazy like crower, and rods that you dont have to do any machining to make work.

LS rods are the only Honda rods that would fit the B16 crank, the problem is they would put the pistons through the cylinder head. Without some serious machine work you are stuck with B16 rods.

what about a b17 crank in a b16 does this require any machining, what other factory rod and piston combo can i use to get some more compression, i want to go with all factory honda parts.

mike

you can put the b17 crank in a b16 with no problem, use the b17 rods, then put some CTR pistons and you'll be around 11.6:1 CR with a b16 that is 1.7L and all factory honda parts :)

how much does a does a b17 crank go for now a days? i knowi can the rods cheap and a set of CTR pistons should be about 190.00

b17 cranks are not only rare, they are expensive due to their rarity.

ctr pistons for 190? where? cheapest ive seen is 289
rods cheap? umm.. they are from the same b17, they wont be cheap

I believe new they are $700,but you should be able to pick up a used one for less,around $350-$500.

hmotorsonline has vtr pistons for 180.00 w/out rings, so figure another 100 or so for rings so 289.00 is good too, but i already have a set of total seal, even though i have had bad experiences with em' too much blow by??!!

Back