ls rods will they fit all d16 blocks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcivic.com

I know they fit newer blocks but has anyone put them in an older d16a1 block?
how will it change my comprssion or does it? stroke ratio? need to get a old tegra motor putting out soem power for the dune buggy

Your crank determines the stroke- not the rods. You can put in really short rods and still have the same stroke, but you'll drop your compression. The B18 rods just happen to have the same length as the D16 rods, and they have the same big end (crank end) journal size. The wrist pin journal is larger than the D though, so you'll need to add bushings to space things out a bit.

Just about nothing else from the B fits on a D block- maybe the throttle body and injectors, but that's about it. :)

I wouldn't bother unless you can get it done for really really cheap. Eagle/scat rods can be had brand new for $275-$300 and they would be a much better investment. The d16a1 actually has the beffiest rods out of the d-series motors if you didn't know.

i know but ls rods are gonna be sronger and i have a wall woth a set of broken d16 rods on it already not looking to add four more.
that calesta sorry i changed the post dislexis got the best of me again but thanks you answerd my question post can be closed now unles you know what i need for spacers?

I don't remember who makes the bushings, but I have seen them online for really cheap. Search around on Honda-Tech and I'm sure you'll find the manufacutrer- if not, a machine shop might be able to fab some up for you. Make sure you notch the bottom of your block if the rods don't clear.

Like bong said though, it still might not be a bad investment to buy Eagle or Scat rods. Forged rods will be stronger than OEM B18 rods.

im doing the machine work my self i have a mill and lath so all i need is to find the spacers. this project already has been streched thin 5 cars on the go is way to many.

Well doing the machine work yourself would be getting it done really really cheap, that's why I said that in my first post, go for it.

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Dec 7 2004, 07:01 PM
I wouldn't bother unless you can get it done for really really cheap. Eagle/scat rods can be had brand new for $275-$300 and they would be a much better investment. The d16a1 actually has the beffiest rods out of the d-series motors if you didn't know.
[post=427983]Quoted post[/post]​

the d16a1 rods are the thickest but made of a more brittle material than the newer ones, so all in all about the same strength as any d16 rod.
arent there more modifications that need to be done to make the LS rods fit besides the bushings? dont they have to be machined at the bottom to make them thinned to be able to fit them on the crank? i dont think thats really anything you could do at home with a lathe. i could be wrong though.
you will need the 21mm to 19mm bushing, but i dont think Crower even makes them anymore.

Beer, how come you havent come around d-series lately?

Yeah it's just a bushing that goes from 21mm (outside) to 19mm (inside). That's all you need. As for thinning the rods- it's better to notch the bottom of the block.

Originally posted by ryan89crx+Dec 7 2004, 11:35 PM-->
beerbongskickass
@Dec 7 2004, 07:01 PM
I wouldn't bother unless you can get it done for really really cheap.  Eagle/scat rods can be had brand new for $275-$300 and they would be a much better investment.  The d16a1 actually has the beffiest rods out of the d-series motors if you didn't know.
[post=427983]Quoted post[/post]​

the d16a1 rods are the thickest but made of a more brittle material than the newer ones, so all in all about the same strength as any d16 rod.

Beer, how come you havent come around d-series lately?
[post=428171]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah pretty much all d-series rods are tiny, I would trust any of them with too much horsepower, I am always worried about my rods lol. D-series has been kinda slow lately it seems like. I post every once in a blue moon though.

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Dec 8 2004, 03:11 PM
D-series has been kinda slow lately it seems like. I post every once in a blue moon though.
[post=428810]Quoted post[/post]​

i hear ya there. i get on all the time and not much new comes up

Please direct all questions aimed for one member to a Private Message (PM). There is no need for "ATTN: Member" posts when there is access to the PM system.

This topic has been closed by a moderator. Please continue this message in PM format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back