1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LS swap ECU question

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by anzi, Mar 26, 2011.

1. anzi

anzi New Member

Hey guys I'm new to the fourm and same to the tuning world. I bought a LS (96 non-vtec) swapped 95 Civic a while back and I assumed the ECU had been swapped, my ASSumption was incorrect, I looked and it's the P06 so I was wondering if it would be a bad idea to buy a used P75 ECU on ebay ($45). Don't have plans to boost, maybe a chip in the distant future but debts come first. Hoping proper ECU will fix idle problems and maybe fix some other odd power issues I'm having.
    Also I've gathered that the 96-01 p75 is OBD2, I'm pretty sure the wiring harness is all swapped because there's 2 of every plug throughout the engine bay -.- Will I need any kind of conversion or a different dizzy? (not sure what dizzy is on currently)

Thanks
  2. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    obd1 p75 ecu is what you want from a 94-95 teg ls/gs/rs/se. it's doubtful that the guy converted the car to obd2.
  3. anzi

anzi New Member

Aight thanks bud, any experience with or opinions on buying an ecu off ebay? They are very scarce in my area so thats looking like the most cost-efficent way to go.
  4. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    its really hit or miss. try to stay with the sellers with 100% rep (as close to as possible) and a ton of feedback.
  5. anzi

anzi New Member

Yea, I actually just found one locally but it's from an auto and I've seen some small traces online of people soldering to swap the p75 from auto to manual but noting in detail. If there is a good write up that is evading my search I would very much like a link.