LS Swap into 94 Civic EX?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IntegraB18LS

I have a 1995 integra LS that I totled and its been sitting in my driveway, tonight I picked up a 1994 Civic EX with a blown motor and no springs/exhaust.

I have read that this motor will bolt in If I use my integra's motor mounts and shift linkage. is this true? any tips?

What can I use for axles?

Wiring, How do I wire this motor up, the civic was Vtec but it will not be now. What do I do for wiring and how do I do it? (remember I have to full cars right now, still complete)

My integra had a header on it - will this bolt to the civic's cat or what? what aboutmy cold air intake, will it fit?

I am trying to keep this swap cost as low as possible because I am a very poor college student.

Thanks alot, pulling the motor tommrow morning so please help me out ASAP
Kyle

Also will my springs/shocks from my integra fit the civic? and what about my rear disk brake set up?

Please if anyone knows any websites or anything let me know.

Kyle

The swap will bolt in and it should be great. First pull both motors, then take the EX wiring harness and put it on the LS motor. Then drop the LS into the civic, the axels from the LS will be the ones that you will use in the civic. WHen you pull them from the totaled car make sure that they are good and if not, just replace them.
what do you mean the civic has no springs? the suspension isn't there at all or do you mean that they arent lowering springs? The suspension is probably different, I am not sure though. Just get aftermarket lowering springs or stock shit from a local salvage yard.
The exhaust is luck thing. If it works thats great, but if it doesn't. then you have to get a shop to chop off the flange and reweld it. The shift linkage should work. The air intake should work. If is is a short ram it will but the cold air might not work, Not sure.
Because the ex is v-tec, and the LS isn't. you will have a couple of extra plugs under the hood. those don't have to be worried about, they won't do anything if they aren't hooked up. The last thing is the ECU.. YOu have to use the LS or you will throw a CEL. If you need specific's on how to pull a motor out, get a $15 manual from a parts shop.
Good luck, e-mail me if you have any other questions.

Darin

Thanks well they guy I got the civic from wants the springs/shocks back and my Integra has Intrax springs on KYB AGX shocks, so it would be nice if I could use them seeing I plan to also use the rear disk brakes. Can I use the Integra's e-brake cables or do I have to get one from a 00 Si?

Okay So for wiring I swap computers from the EX to the LS (just plugs in?) then take the wiring off the EX and put it on the LS and leave the v-tec stuff disconnected? Or should I disconect the fenderwell connections of the EX car and will the LS's wires plug in?

Thanks
Kyle

Your integra suspension should just bolt right in. As for the fitment of the CAI and the exhaust, that is usually hit or miss.

I got the 3 main motor mounts in tonight, my stock integra wiring plugged into the civics connections, is this okay? then just plug the computer in?

I still have to put the axles in and all the little stuff but damn this motor is bigger then a D16 lol. Just so you guys know my CAI does fit :)

I still have to do brakes/suspention to :(

Thanks
Kyle

swap

Thanks well they guy I got the civic from wants the springs/shocks back and my Integra has Intrax springs on KYB AGX shocks, so it would be nice if I could use them seeing I plan to also use the rear disk brakes. Can I use the Integra's e-brake cables or do I have to get one from a 00 Si?

Okay So for wiring I swap computers from the EX to the LS (just plugs in?) then take the wiring off the EX and put it on the LS and leave the v-tec stuff disconnected? Or should I disconect the fenderwell connections of the EX car and will the LS's wires plug in?

Thanks
Kyle
everything is a direct swap including suspension

This swap has been done a million times use the search. I have explained it many times to people, very simple swap using all oem parts.

Back