1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ls swap into ek

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by 4serioferio, Feb 18, 2009.

1. 4serioferio

4serioferio New Member

I'm sure many people have started this thread, but mine is a bit more personal.

Remember: I have been looking into, and reading up on this swap; however my knowledge/experience on swapping is very limited.

I would like to work on my car for a school project and I love the sound of an LS swap, but I only have around a $1,000 budget, give or take.

I started to get interested in the idea but was virtually turned off completely when people told me to only buy off HMO, where of course, a B18B runs for over 2 grand. NOT AN OPTION.

Do you believe I would be able to find all necessary componenents for a succesful swap within the range of $1,000. If so, where? A junk yard, other online sources?
    Any thoughts would be graciously appreciated.

And trading out the tranny is not a current concern of mine (I may eventaully turbo the vehicle where longer gear ratios would be optimal.)

Thanks!

2. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

I don't think you are going to find a swap for that price, the cheapest I found was 1200 on ebay and it still needed linkage, axles and from the looks of it a bunch of little stuff (dist wires, hoses etc.)
    expect to pay 1500-2000 for a decent LS swap unless you know someone at a junkyard or buy a totalled integra, and dont be offended by hmo's prices, you get what you pay for with them, 2000+ gets you very low mileage engine with nearly everything you need to put it into your car.

3. unusual71

unusual71 New Member

I got my entire swap for 900. I helped my buddy pull the motor out of a car that had been written off and bought at the local auction. Since the swap was complete the only thing i need are two mounts from honda which are about 100. that means i got the whole swap, minus fresh fluids, for 1000 canadian.

4. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

you can find a swap for $500-$1200 on craigslist.

or you can find a wrecked car someone is parting out.

5. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

my buddy was selling a jdm b18b w/ crower cams for $400 .. i should bought it.. lol

6. 4serioferio

4serioferio New Member

Yeah, I know $1,000 is pushing it. But I know the deals are out there.

It is just finding the right one, and making sure it is a trustworthy engine.

Yeah you should have bought it!

So what mounts do I need to buy if I am swapping a B18 in?? Only 2?

7. oths88

oths88 New Member

buddy ls motors are everywhere u can find a deal very easily u just need to looks for it

8. dadsdx

dadsdx New Member

b16 rear mount and the eng bracket (behind the timing cover)

9. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

This thread is over a month old and the original poster never responded, why are you all still posting?

/unsubscribe

10. intenseneal

intenseneal New Member

Im picking up a B18b for $800 US. Comes with trans, motor, complete head, axles and ecu. Only need a few small things.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted