Ls swap to a 92 civic hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aznindemand

I finished my swap and check my wires.I can crank the car but theres no spark going to the spark plugs. I got the motor off a running car. I am not sure what the problem is. Could it be the Distributor. I check all the grounds every one of them is in. What could it be. Anyone that went through this problem and solved it. Can you please help. My car is a 92 hatch CX with a b18 ls motor.

Start small, replace the cap, rotor, plugs, wires. If that dont fix ti, then check the distributor wiring... what year is the LS?

Originally posted by SpodaB1@Apr 20 2004, 06:20 PM
what year is the LS?

This would help a lot, but there are a hundred things that could be wrong. Before buying a new distributor, check yours out and make sure that the insides are all good, check all the wiring, make sure you have spark, recheck your timing, make sure you have gas, both in the tank and at the rail. fuses, relays, etc...

In other words go over the whole thing again with a fine toothed comb.

have you checked to see if theres a 12v powere source at your distributor , when your cranking the motor over do your injectors fire (clicking sound)

my motor is a 94 ls. It might be the distributor cause there is no spark when i tested. But could it be the cap and rotor

yeah def. take a look at them and if there is any question, replace them- they're cheap compared to the price of replacing an entire dizzy-

My car did the same thing and it was the timing belt. It was loose and you could stretch it somewhat. But how many miles are on the motor and is it the origional belt.

Yeah i never touch the timing belt. Kinda weird my buddy drove his car to my garage did the swap so i knew everything was working. I had 5 guys come look at the car and they cant figure it out. Fuel is going through the lines all i need is one little spark from the spark wires. Damn it. Can any build a list of what i should be looking for. I know it cant be my ecu, throttle body, starter cause the thing cranks the things im probably having doubts is the distributor. What esle makes the spark woth the spark wires.

More than likely, if the problem is inside you distributor, it is the ignitor, just start swapping out the internal parts from you D's distributor.

no, your ignition coil is not the ignitor inside your distributor- two different things- but i suppose a coil could also cause a weak spark

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Apr 21 2004, 05:48 PM
no, your ignition coil is not the ignitor inside your distributor- two different things- but i suppose a coil could also cause a weak spark

Yes it is, right next to the ignitor. Not all models, but that one should be.

i thought the ignition coil was next to the ignitor. Hmmmm got to open up and take a look.

you could just buy a manual for that year (integra) engine and follow the trouble shooting section b4 you replace the whole dizzy, just a thought.

the cam gears are tdc. And my starter is fine cause i can hear a clicking. I did this test to see if a spark came out of the spark wires. There was no spark.

Back