ls swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmcivic97

jdmcivic97
I have a 97 ej6 and im looking to do a ls swap, i have the ls motor and automatic tranny that came out of my 99 teg, my car is a 5 speed already would it be hard to change it to a auto, if so would a ys1 tranny bolt up to my ls, if so how hard would it be and what would i need to do it????????????:mellow:

Hey.. I would honeslty save ya self a head ache from HELL... and sell the manual and auto ect... and buy a 99 auto Teg or something! just my thoughts! :p

Don't ever change a car from manual to auto, that's just gay. The auto LS transmission has some of the longest gears out of any Honda transmission ever. It's an absolute dog for acceleration. 5-speed LS trannies aren't all that expensive. I'd sell the auto and get a 5-speed.

Thanks alot brutalb83 i think i will try to find a ls tranny,what do you think about ys1 tranny/ ist to much work u think. i found a ls tranny for $400.:mellow:

Well, it kinda depends on what you want to do with the motor. If you're just going to leave it as a stock LS, then the LS tranny would be fine for you. If you're thinking about doing an LS/VTEC in the future, then yeah, you may want to go for a YS1 or some other transmission that was originally paired to a DOHC VTEC motor.

As far as ease of installation, any B-Series motor will bolt up to any B-Series tranny, so installation should be essentially the same no matter what tranny you go with. The only thing you really need to worry about is finding a transmission that's geared to work well with the motor you're using.

im just goin to do a ls swap thats all,im goin to keep the motor the same. i have a y7 in my civic now but the tranny is bad thats why i wont to do a swap,but if i could find a tranny i might just sale the ls swap, thanks for the advice.:mellow:

Back