1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ls tranny on b16 ??

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by blasterman87, Jul 16, 2009.

1. blasterman87

blasterman87 New Member

since i dony have the cash to fix my b16 lsd tranny i might have to buy a cheapo ls cable tranny instead but i have a few questions, will it really hinder my drag times that bad? and will my lsd fit into the ls tranny?(factory b16 lsd) and if anyone has links to entire rebuild kit for my b16 that would help also, i think 3 of my gears are broke

2. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

Expensive to rebuild but you could score the LS and roll it while the B16 gets rebuilt.
    It will slow you down...no doubt. But you'll get better gas mileage and lower rpm when highway driving (would be awesome)

3. blasterman87

blasterman87 New Member

thats what i was thinking and from what ive read my lsd will go into the ls tranny, but ive also heared that an ls tranny is better for boost, i do nt understand why taller gears would be better but its not boosted yet anyway

4. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

Better for boost b/c the motor spins less for the amount the wheels actually turn. This means you are at higher mph when its shifting time and this allows turbo to spool longer.

5. 01blueaccord

01blueaccord New Member

yea, and yea for sure. Better gas mileage and a slight bit slower? sounds not that bad lol.

6. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

The whole "longer gears are better for boost" idea is a really generalized, blanket statement. There is no one correct answer when it comes to selecting the proper transmission for a forced induction setup (or an N/A setup for that matter). It all comes down to simply matching the gearing to your power band location. If the LS transmission ends up being the best option, then go with it, but it shouldn't necessarily be the default "turbo transmission"...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted