Ls Tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MugenCRX

Is the ls integra transmission hydrolic or cable? Also, when swapping an ls motor into a crx which is the best transmission to get?

Hydraulic, not hydrolic. I HATE it when people misspell that word.

The 90-93 Integras are all cable clutch transmissions, while everything from the 1994 model year on up to now are hydraulic.

The best transmission depends on your application... but you want a cable clutch transmission.

HYDRAULIC, ok got it. Sorry about that. Ok so the ls manual tranny is a cable clutch. Now I'm going to be putting this into a crx that I want to use for daily driving, but can be raced when need be, I was thinking about using a B16A tranny but im not to sure about the gears being short. Its either a B16 tranny or an B18A tranny, what do all of you suggest? :worthy:

The B16 transmission will be fine for daily driving. It's geared shorter too, so you'll be faster.

hey calesta, i was wondering some little things. My friend has a b18c1 turbo, in an ef so he uses an LS tranny, he wants to trade me his old B16a tranny for my LS tranny? is it worth it for daily driving?, right now i want to buy a lighter flywheel and new clutch for my LS tranny, so it would be coming out anyway. should i do this? u know about what are the RPM's at 65mph? i dont feel like killing my engine on the freeway, and have to stay in the slow lane b/c of my tranny. but i know that the b16a tranny will drop my 1/4 mile times quite a bit. what should i do? keep LS tranny and get clutch and lighten flywheel? or get b16a tranny from my friend and get clutch and flywheel for that? any1 else please post ur comments too, sorry to chissle ur thread mugen, but its about the same things so no point to start a new 1.

u know about what are the RPM's at 65mph? i dont feel like killing my engine on the freeway, and have to stay in the slow lane b/c of my tranny.
Do you mean this is what will happen with the b16 tranny?

Back