ls tranny?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civ96

Hey I'm doing a swap in to my 96 cx its a b16 with typr r cams and intake i have a ls tranny that i picked up in perfect condition for $300 i was told its going to be slow. I want it to be fast but i'm going to be driving it 200km a day back and forth to work so i dont want a really close tranny but if its going to be way slower than if i use a typr r tranny than i will take the loss in gas. It will be running a 75 shot as well if that makes a diff. So i wanted to know if i could put a type r lsd and final drive in the ls tranny because the cheapest type r tranny i can find is $1400cdn dollars and i can get a type r lsd and final drive for $450cdn dollars. Just want to know if it can be done. Let me know what i should do.

cant be done, just use the Ls tranny if your worried about gas, if you want the acceleration use a gsr, b16 or type r (they all came with optional LSD...i think) If you want LSD in the LS tranny, you can get a
Qualife.

its really not as bad as everyone makes it out to be....

but the itr diff won't work in the ls.

gsr/itr/ctr share one size

b16/ls share another

Thanks guys for your help. I have made my decision i will stick with the ls tranny see how it runs and go from there. Where can i find these aftermarket lsd's I hear about?. If its to slow gsr it is, i just want to be around 13.9 with nos is that possable do you think? Thanks again guys.

i thought if you use a gsr/itr final drive, ring gear, and diff it will work in a b16?

well i checked out prices on quaiffe lsd's and when put in canadian dollars i might as well buy a itr tranny the lsd is $795us so like $1300cdn with tax and then like $100 for shipping i can get a whole itr tranny for $1400 cash, I like what B16 is saying about if i change the final drive ring gear the lsd from itr will work any one have more info on this. Thanks guys keep the info comming.

Hey, a guy here has SiR gears 1-5 in his ls tranny I believe he used the ls final drive

have a hybrid geared trans, has the 4.266 final with sir 1-5. prolly comes out closest to a gsr. sir is way too short for everyday use, tires just spin in that low first too, and highway is a biatch. full ls just a little too long, thats why i built this. superior to sir ls/gsr/itr diff/case used.

Who is this guy i need to speak with him i want 1-4 low and 5 to be long for the hwy because i do alot of driving.

Humm! I always thought that LS/GSR/ITR could all use the ITR FD. While the B16 used the CTR FD, cuz the differential were the same size. Can't find where I read it, damn!!! Prob. more BS off of the web. 50% of what you hear is BS.

Well i'm going to go ahead with the ls tranny the way it is i'll run it for this comming summer like that, and if i want it to be faster i will change up the tranny for the gsr or sir next winter. Thanks alot guys for the info.

Back