ls tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civ96

Ok well i am building a b16 with ctr pistons, eagle h beam rods, ctr cams, and a few other things as well as a 75shot, i want to run a ls tranny because i drive 230km a day for work and need the longer gears so the engine isnt bouncing off vtec the whole way to work. But i hear some people saying its strong and can handle alot of power and others say it is a weak tranny something about the syncros or somethin. Should i even ettempt to install this tranny or should i just buy a GSR. HELP thanks guys

^^^^

personal, I ran the s4 tranny "b16" and had no complaints, drove a dozen road trips and yeah the rpms were a little high, but big deal, if i were you I would go wtih the ITR tranny.

i like the itr tranny but i dont like the price they go for $1400 around here i like the $400 price tag for the ls or even $600 for a gsr. i drive my cars hard all the time about 120km p/h th whole way to work. A guy i work with is running a sir tranny and at 120km p/h it is just below vtec by like 100rpm so if i'm late for work i would be in vtec the whole way pretty sure thats not good for engine life. I run late a lot so that would be many vtec trips. I think i am leaning towards the gsr tranny i would like a lsd but i cant justify spending that money right now. i would rather spend 400 on a ls tranny and the extra 1000 on starting a turbo setup ya know. thank you guys for the help and keep it comming.

Back