LS turbo build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Matts96HB

VIP
Hey guys, ive done some searching and I cant really find a direct answer to my question. Im getting wiseco pistons and eagle rods, arp rod bots, and acl bearings. Im not looking for crazy power, I just wanted a little more reliability. THe turbo ill be running is a .50 hotside .63 compressor t3 t4.. What would be a safe threshold to keep the power under? I was thinking keep it around 300 whp but will the stock sleeves support this kind of power safely and reliably?

Thanks.

Thanks blanco. I have tried numerous shops around town, and nobody seems to know. They all give me crazy numbers like 600+ whp and I'm pretty sure the stock sleeves wont handle that in the long run...?

Yeah I know what ya mean. I have seen stock LS's running 260-270 whp but not sure if they stopped there because of the pistons/rods or because of the sleeves lol. The crappy thing about my location is that nobody around here can even give me decent guidance. Ill probably have to trailer my car across the state to get it tuned decently.

Back