LS Turbo Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AWDrifter02

hey wats up guys, im startin my first build and wanted a little bit of help so any help is appreciated. Im doin an LS Turbo. I have a B18b JDM LS Block. 81.5 Bored over. doin wiseco forged pistons, micropolished crank, stock ls rods with ARP rod bolts, and ARP main studs. so far, thats the bottom end. as for the head, im not really too sure, i thought about doing stage 2 crower turbo cams with upgraded valve springs and retainers but im not too sure wat kind. i only plan to run an ebay turbo kit with probaly a 50 trim.

I agree no ebay turbo kits, they are not worth the cash. They will cause problems which will end up costing you as much if not more than a greddy, or other name brand turbo kits. Trust me. You sound like you put a lot of money into that bottom end. Don't waste it on an ebay kit.

wats the name of a 99 jdm ls block then??

You must not have understood my sarcasm. I was stating that you "do not" have an ls block. As for the engine code, I believe it is stamped as a 'B18B'.

I didnt know ARP made "main studs". New's to me. I didn't know crankshaft mains had studs. Read your school book under basic engine and you will see that the main's actually ride on "bearings". Maybe you were reffering to ARP head studs... Just out of curiousity, what was polished on the crankshaft when you say "micropolished"?

Back