ls turbo cut out problems..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

goldgreen90ef

goldgeen90ef
i have a del sol w a stock ls, t3/t4 hybrid, dsm 450s, basemap on chrome, and i just had the turbo rebuilt. my problem is when i start building boost, i experienced some type of cut out that caused a jerking and loss of boost and power. it feels like fuel cut out, but im not sure.it did not do this before the rebuild, and the only thing odd about the setup is that i have a open waste gate, with the hood off,,, thanks

i dont know if its fuel cut out or not,but im going to get my boost gauge hooked up this weekend... would it let you boost past 7 lbs? that what the basemap is tuned to- i was thinking bout changing the spring to a 7 lb spring. what do u think could be doing this with fuel, im guessing time to get it tuned....

its most likely fuel cut from over boost the stock honda map sensor will only handle 11psi

I downloaded the .bin from xenocron here are the specs he gives.
b18b1 T3 super60 .48 hotside 7PSi tune, 11.3 in boost, 12.5-12 before boost, 14.70 everywhere else, Needs a little touch up in boost portion, .75 degreee retard per Lb. timing untouched
i am pretty sure it is that map it might be this one
http://www.xenocron.com/bins/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=rossdyno.bin&directory=Uberdata&
rossdyno.bin
B18b1, P75 ECU, DSM 450's, T3 .63/.60 60 trim, Dyno ~240whp/235wtq, closed loop disabled, 2.5" exhaust, 6" Tyrus FMIC, internal WG

i don't know if i would've picked that one though because it doesn't list how much boost it is tuned for

Last edited:
how much boost are you pushing? if it raises too much it will hit boost cut get a gauge and make sure it is not going too high.

i am pretty sure that the atmospheric pressure sensor is disabled in the ecu.

thats not going to stop it from hitting fuel cut that just adjust fuel trim for diff elevations atmospheric pressure not manifold pressure. you really really need to know exactly how much boost is being made. the bigger turbo may be too much for the wastegate or the wastegate might not be working is it internal or external? is the line from it connected to vaccum port on intake? does it have a 10psi spring or smaller.if all of those things are right and you know that you arent overboosting it may be crappy plugs and wires breaking up under pressure . but first GET A BOOST GAUGE before you blow your engine

Back