LS Turbo. good trans????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I had rebuilt a 42/48 and upgraded to a 60 housing, I made good numbers and was fully spooledby 3k rpm.

Ya that can all depend on your setup too. What is considered as a big turbo, do you guys go buy the a/r or trim????

Shorter gears = more torque multiplication. More torque multiplication = faster rev's. Its a small gear driving a much larger gear. Who care's anyway? Just get the gsr or the ls or a b16 transmission for that matter.

Ya I understand what you mean about traction should be taken care of elsewhere. It doesn't matter what tranny you will be using cause you will get the same traction out of all of them most likely. Your telling me don't worry about the tranny and start thinking about suspension and tire sizes?????

Lol well another reason why I choose the LS tranny is because thats the only tranny I know I can get my hands on. Thanks for the Info Blanco

In the future I think ill go with that but in the mean time I can only get my hands on the LS which is awesome too cause I'm getting it basically for free:D

If I had it my way... B16 1st, 2cd, 3rd, gsr 4th and LS 5th. I like the gsr's 4th gear because it is slightly longer than the b16, much shorter than the LS and is great for highway downshifting at higher speeds... This involving turbo that is. :)

See blanco your still saying it in a smart ass way.
You could have told him hey sorry about the other posts, were trying to help you out as much as possible but instead you say if you dont like the answers feel free to try honda-tech. That doesn't help bring in people. Think before you act and yes I will do the same.
Someone had to tell you blanco and unfortunately it had to be me. Block me all you want, what point are you trying to prove, that you know how to use the block button. Yes I said that in a smart ass way because you have been a smart ass to me from day 1. Anything you wanna say PM me so these threads don't get out of hand. Sorry for all the trouble but I had to say this.

See blanco your still saying it in a smart ass way.
You could have told him hey sorry about the other posts, were trying to help you out as much as possible but instead you say if you dont like the answers feel free to try honda-tech. That doesn't help bring in people. Think before you act and yes I will do the same.
Someone had to tell you blanco and unfortunately it had to be me. Block me all you want, what point are you trying to prove, that you know how to use the block button. Yes I said that in a smart ass way because you have been a smart ass to me from day 1. Anything you wanna say PM me so these threads don't get out of hand. Sorry for all the trouble but I had to say this.

had to tell him what.. that you're a dipshit.. he already knew that

Fuck off, loser.

agreed

dude you have answered your own question at least 4 times in this thread...you want better gas mileage so go with the ls tranny. that is all you need to know. If you want a comprimise between gas mileage and acceleration go with the gsr tranny. there is nothing else to ask. By the way if you are gonna criticize Blanco for his smart ass ness look up all the b-series turbo builds on this site. i can promise it is at least in the high 500's. I promise this tread has been covered before and I am willing to take an educated guess that Blanco replied to it.

Last edited:
Coming back to this. I really don't see why people have such a problem with being a 4k at 80mph. Both my Si and 325i sit just below 4k at 80mph. So what? They aren't old school domestics with a 5k redline.

effin EXACTLY!

The LS tranny is cool if you make hella power, or if you get a small turbo that kicks in sooner than 4.5 or 5 k

btw, small turbos kick ass... id rather have 220 hp and good response than 275 and LAG

With an LS tranny ur off boost performance is going to be miserable, while ive driven non turbo LS motored cars with a GRS tranny, and their NA performance is pretty satisfying.

I would way say find a gsr.... sooner or later u'll probably want one.

GSR tranny.. LS 5th gear

agree...

but

'89 Honda CRX SI - SOLD
'94 Honda Civic VX - Stolen and stripped :(
'91 Yota STD - current DD

you have bad luck...

Hmm. This is a very imformative thread. I'm going to have to mark my territory *pisses in the threads corner* and pick up where I left off when I get home from work. Either way, thanks to everyone for their imput...even if it wasn't my post. :D

Back