Ls Turbo Into Crx, How Hard?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civ90hb

Ok, i am building the engine before i find the right swap canadite. I will be buying a 88+ Crx Si. How hard would it be to drop in a Ls Turbo? I'm not planning on having A/C (save weight haha). Would it be better to build the whole setup outside of the car, everything attached, drop it straight in or will i have to leave some things off and drop it in then put parts on? Also i was wanting about 250 whp out of this engine. I know i will have to do some internals. So if you could let me know what internals i would need to change to run about 12lbs of boost. Possibly 15, depending on what can get me to 250 whp. Well let me know. Thanks.

i bet with good tuning you wouldn't even need 12 psi or 15psi, i bet you could do it with 10psi and stock internals. you would probably need some head work, valvetrain components and stuff. if you can i would recomend finding a pre obd b18a(from 90-91 integras). you will have fewer wiring hassles.

about the installation, if you have access to a lift i have heard it is easier to frop the car onto the motor but if you don't have access to a lift (like me) i don't think it could be that much harder to install it from above. but either way your gonna want it completely assembled before hand. the only mechanical thing you should really have to install once its in is the axles, you can even pre install the midshaft.

Well i want this motor to last me awhile so i'd rather do some internal work to ensure that the engine last 40 thousand to 50 thousand miles. I wish i could just find someone who has a Ls Turbo setup and figure out what they did but i haven't found anyone yet. I'm not to concerned with wiring because my buddy and his dad will be doing the swap for me. Well i will help some but his dad has been a Honda mechanic for quite a few years and my buddy has learned everything his dad knows and then a few things more. I don't have access to a lift so ya. Thanks for the reply though, you helped alot.

Dont assemble it beforehand, you wont have enough room to work with. It doesnt take but an afternoon to hook all the turbo shit up so save yourself the headache of space concerns and do it after its in.

Back