Ls Turbo Mild Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mech

Banned
I've finally made a decision about what to do to my car; boost it. I'm an all motor junky coming to the booosted world with hardly any knowledge so bear with me. I would like to run a stock motor on this and still make it reliable, I think it can be done. What I will do to prep is new bearings(main and rod), new rod and main bolts(OEM), maybe some rods if I can afford it, thick head gasket though I think my compression is low enough, and of course a basic fuel management system.(nothing expensive) As far as the type of turbo or how to build it, I'm lost. :blink: So what I'm asking you to do is not recommend what I should do but tell me what to get and how to do it.(Any links, setups, pictures, etc will help) I'm looking to hit 200 at the wheels. I figure with that much I should be able to hit low 14's and keep up with the competition. I've heard of junkyard builds and have also heard it's quite easy to do them. Thanks and remember, make it as cheap as possible, but keep in mind reliabilty. :worthy:

get an ACL bearing pack. includes thrust washers, mains, and rod bearings for about $110 bucks. email earl@laskeyracing.com for them. he's got the best price.

if you are replacing rod bolts, go with arp.

don't bother with the head gasket. compression isn't what blows up motors- lack of tuning is. take the money you would have spent on it, and hit up a dyno.

I recommend you run the vafc hack, and do a junkyard t3 setup. even that will push the limits of 1000 bucks.

its hard to boost safely for under 4 grand. your car will be a hack job of random parts, and 100% custom. but its up to you.

Back