ls turbo or b16a2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMhatch

Hi i have a stock 1996 civic coupe ex with a d16y8 i was wondering on everyones opinion what to do motor wise. im graduating soon so ill have the money to do a cheap swap with turbo on it the b16a2 or turbo the d16 and build it i just dont know which one woudl be better overall for a daily driver and use of drag to eventually get in the low 13's

Do an LS/T swap.

Just drop in the LS first, youll still have good fuel mileage and stuff. Then later on when youve got the funds, boost it and youll be able to run low 13s easily.

Im new to the honda world and well i've been searching around, i wanna do the same thing get a civic 92-95 and swap it with an ls later on turbo it. When swapping to an LS will i need to conver the tranny to cable or hydraulic or vice versa? I just wanted to know the drawbacks of a regular civic coupe, i wanted a hatch but there are very hard to find down here in florida. The coupse is the same as the hatch the only difference would be the hatch right, which trim's are best, which has the tach etc.. What other engine would be better besides the LS as far as compatability for the swap i dont' wanna have to buy those pricy mount kits. Thanks

your goin with a plain ls motor look at the numbers u wanna run low 13's or better build a frankenstein motor and go with an ls/vtec turbo take the b16a head and bolt it right up to an ls block and if u dont do that u gotta be an idiot to go with just a ls turbo!!! b16 turbo vtec over an ls non v tec turbo build up any day of the week any day.

In a book I have about building honda engines. They say that a vtec head is only good upto 10psi anything over that a non-vtec head with a p&p will preform better than the vtec one. Thats why they sell those v-tec killer cams. The vtec head has better flow, but any head p&p will have better.

Originally posted by allbottledup@Jun 6 2004, 07:03 PM
In a book I have about building honda engines. They say that a vtec head is only good upto 10psi anything over that a non-vtec head with a p&p will preform better than the vtec one. Thats why they sell those v-tec killer cams. The vtec head has better flow, but any head p&p will have better.

lol, what book is that

Originally posted by SolReaver+Jun 6 2004, 07:37 PM-->
allbottledup
@Jun 6 2004, 07:03 PM

lol, what book is that

Does the "book" happen to open up, and have a digital video disc in it, named "The Fast and the Furious"? Burn that gay book.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 20 2004, 08:23 PM
ls/t vs b16? lol this isn't even a fiar question.

hell, id take LS over b16 even without a turbo

Seriously? If they were both gonna stay stock?

Back