Ls turbo or ls vtec turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lvnloud28

I have a eg with b18b1 and was wanting to do ls vtec so I got gsr head intake manifold and ecu but come to find out it's gonna cost me a good bit to do this I already have a greedy turbo kit (t25) and everyone is telling mr to just do ls turbo would b alot less money plus more dependable just wanted some advice on the better way to go and maybe a parts list for each. This us a everyday driver keep in. Mind

the reliability of either setup depends on the quality of the parts, the quality of the work done, and the quality of the tune... cheaping out and half assing any of those will result in an unreliable, setup that is waiting to blow up at an moment

all things being equal
i dont think i would ever call an aftermarket turboed car "more reliable" than a mildly built NA one
there is just about always going to be more maintenance required with a turbocharged vehicle

being that this is your daily driver and you need reliability, you might be best served with leaving the B18B1 stock
it doesnt really sound like you and your friends know enough about what you are doing to be trusted to build a quality reliable engine, NA or FI...

Slap the head on....slap the turbo on and have fun. But....like E said, not gonna be reliable without extensive research, knowledge, tuning and a bit of luck

agreed but because thats prob not wat u wanna here id say sell head and t25 get bigger turbo and good tune

i have the same engine in my 93 eg..i was also debating vtec then turbo or just turbo...is it true the ls non vtec can handle more boost and if i did up the boost i wouldnt really tell that i even have vtec? is there noticalble power gains with the vtec turbo over the non vtec turbo

yes deffinatly noticeable i had a built b20b with a garrett T67 that i boosted dyno 273 whp and when i throughly built a b16b head and put it on there i was sitting at 431 whp but dont jus half ass ur build if ur gonna build it do it right and always sleeve and block gaurd because whats the point in wastin ur money in building somthing jus to blow it up

I have always been a fan of a nicely tuned LS Turbo vs the VTec part... sell the head and go with more reliable LS Turbo set up.. after all vtec is over rated 1/2 the time in a turbo set up :p

Id personally rather just have the LS/VTEC with aftermarket cams, a sick tuned intake and exhaust and have a sweet powerful reliable street monster

the ls vtec is gonna have nominally more power. You definitely have to slap the turbo on regardless of vtec or not tho.

Back