LS Turbo Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jtornado

What kind of pistons should I get if im gonna boost my ls motor?
Is there a website where I can look for myself?

I just wanted to hear some of your guy's ideas.

But my auto. teacher told me that I should get dish pistons because otherwise it will bend my rod. What if I kept it all stock and I only put 5 psi. Will it be safe to use 5psi on all stock ls motor?

ive heard you can run about 7psi safely if you have good tuning on those motors. if you want more power though you are going to want to swap those pistons for some lower compression slugs

300 hp on a stock ls is posible with a great tune and a big turbo. 15 psi is safe if you tune right. google weisco pistons

a t3/t4 57 trim. .60 on both the hot and cold sides. prob 10 psi or maby 8 will get you there dont hold me to it i did no calculations just a good guestement off what my set up is. use crome to tune. 3 inch exaust. 440 injectors. all the turbo stuf.

.57 trim. .6ar on both sides or anything close. it is a larger turbo so it wont have full spool till 4800 or so but this is good for daily driver so you are not constantly in boost.

injectors get what ever is cheap. try to find some used dsm, for 50$.
or you can get some refabed ones for 100$ and you will know they have the same flow rate, but they are normally fine in a used conditoin.

here is a great turbo for you to buy https://hondaswap.com/parts-sale-tr...m-wg-6-fmic-max-rev-log-mani-more-pics-76800/

this is a great size for the ls. plus if you want probly could rock 250 hp no prob on stock block with a good tune.

thanks a lot this helps me out a lot. And I forgot about the oil pan. Can I just buy a premade oil pan with the tapped hole for the turbo and where could I find one?

um tap your own oil pan. it only takes a drill and some jb weld. if you want to buy one go on to homemadeturbo.com register and look in the for sale. there is atlest one a week that go on sale pr taped from other peoples projects. look at how people have done it and you can probly do it your self.

any Q just post up i feel generous with my vast knowlege of nothing

I was boosting 11-12 psi on my bone stock LS motor daily for about 5 months...then my electrical system decided to take a dump. My turbo is a T3/T04B 50-trim with a .48 turbine and I had my car dyno-tuned with Crome. So yeah, it can be done.

What kind of injectors do you use? I want this car to be at its best and safest. I was just wondering what are the best products for a turbo kit, pistons, injectors..ect. I dont want some cheap product that will break within a month.

Precision 440cc should do fine up to 320 hp or so. pistons are all preferance as long a s you go forged. wiseco, SRP,arias all good. eagle h beam rods are imo the best for the price. any name brand turbo will do fine. ebay turbos are hit and miss, some last some fail in ten minutes. i would use crome to tune

I use Precision 525cc saturated injectors (no resistor box required for these). Stock LS pistons and rods are fine as long as you don't plan on exceeding 300whp and you get it tuned by a professional tuner. If you want a cheap turbo, go with Down2Turbo (that's the guy's ebay seller name). I've bought 3 rebuilt turbos from him and had great results every time. If you want a new turbo, go with Turbonetics or cheapturbo.com.

Back