1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ls Turbo Suggestions

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by DMCCOY, Aug 1, 2006.

1. DMCCOY

DMCCOY Junior Member

I am wanting to run turbo on a stock b18b motor. It is my daily driver and I am wanting the biggest gain for my money. Does anyone have some prior experience adding a turbo for a b18b LS integra that would care to share some positive or negitave feedback on what I should choose? unfortunatley I am on a Budget, around 2000 or 2500. Also what other componets will i need to purchase to make the turbo more efficient? What about using a junkyard turbo?

2. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

i have never done a B18, but check out homemadeturbo.com
    they have LOTS of B18 builds on there

3. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

there are GAZILLIONS of those things out there. hmt is a great site for it, and it looks like everyone on tuneruniversity.com is doing it....no need for the h22 guy anymore :(

4. boosted_ek

boosted_ek Junior Member

an hmt setup is fine.. but you have to be careful with what you choose. I've done an homemade setup before and a few things really bugged me and went wrong .

With whatever you choose just make sure you chip your ecu and get it tuned with a wideband o2. What numbers are you looking on getting?

5. DMCCOY

DMCCOY Junior Member

Actually I have decided not to go the turbo route. I need this to be my daily driver as well and without a rebuild of my engine to handle the forced induction I am pretty certain i will have problems down the road. I have decided to go an all LS way. p30 pistons, crower 403 cams, new springs and retainers, arp rods, with a little tunning I am hoping for around 170 whp.

6. boosted_ek

boosted_ek Junior Member

for the money you spend on building an LS.. you can dump a lot of money into your turbo setup (run safe boost) and buy all high quality parts so that parts won't fail. I know plenty of guys running boost on daily drivers.

But in the end it's up to you. There is definately a higher chance of something failing on a boosted engine than NA.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted