Ls Turbo Suggestions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DMCCOY

I am wanting to run turbo on a stock b18b motor. It is my daily driver and I am wanting the biggest gain for my money. Does anyone have some prior experience adding a turbo for a b18b LS integra that would care to share some positive or negitave feedback on what I should choose? unfortunatley I am on a Budget, around 2000 or 2500. Also what other componets will i need to purchase to make the turbo more efficient? What about using a junkyard turbo?

there are GAZILLIONS of those things out there. hmt is a great site for it, and it looks like everyone on tuneruniversity.com is doing it....no need for the h22 guy anymore :(

an hmt setup is fine.. but you have to be careful with what you choose. I've done an homemade setup before and a few things really bugged me and went wrong .

With whatever you choose just make sure you chip your ecu and get it tuned with a wideband o2. What numbers are you looking on getting?

Actually I have decided not to go the turbo route. I need this to be my daily driver as well and without a rebuild of my engine to handle the forced induction I am pretty certain i will have problems down the road. I have decided to go an all LS way. p30 pistons, crower 403 cams, new springs and retainers, arp rods, with a little tunning I am hoping for around 170 whp.

for the money you spend on building an LS.. you can dump a lot of money into your turbo setup (run safe boost) and buy all high quality parts so that parts won't fail. I know plenty of guys running boost on daily drivers.

But in the end it's up to you. There is definately a higher chance of something failing on a boosted engine than NA.

Back