LS Turbo Suggestions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wow, dude, you really gotta do some reading.... I think I counted 4,718 questions you asked in this one thread. Everyone is telling you to go read something, and you just ask another question. It's great that you want to build a motor, and you want to get good gas milage, but everyone has there own way of doing that. If you ask a question like: "What transmission should I use?" You're gonna get a different answer from everyone that answers you. RESEARCH!!!! Find out why a tranny will help you achieve your goals... Not someone else's opinion. Also, Hondaswap is not the only source of information on the internet. Look around. Try "Google". It works great.

As you've noticed, everyone here has tried to help you the best they can, but if you're ever gonna help someone else, you need to actually know what you're talking about, not just what someone told you on Hondaswap.

Well because Im sick of researching trying to find an answer after 60 hours of research. so this way saves me time. I understand your guys point of view. thanks for all the help anyway.

I spent a year doing research before my build. You're lazy. I can understand asking to be pointed in the right direction or needing a quick answer because you're elbow deep in grease. But because you don't feel like looking it up? Dude, I used to read the damn encyclopedia when I was a kid because I wanted to learn. I have neither time nor tolerance for someone who wants to be spoon fed all of their information. We'll be more than happy to help you, but you have to help yourself at the same time.

:werd:

Well because Im sick of researching trying to find an answer after 60 hours of research. so this way saves me time. I understand your guys point of view. thanks for all the help anyway.

I don't think I can say anything better than what Blanco just said, but I can confidently say I don't believe you've spent very much time doing quality research. (60 hours? lol.)
You wouldn't be asking these types of questions if you had.

Stand up and be a man, dude. Don't be baby fed your whole 'honda life', or you'll never REALLY learn it.

Just go ahead and buy a bunch of turbo parts and throw it on your ride, start it up and learn the hard way, since it's clear you don't want to do it the SMART way and learn from others trials and errors.

More Displacement on the LS means you can run more boost but is that also saying its less reliable then stock 81mm bore. Okay basically this is what im asking is stock 81mm bore more reliable and stronger then 84mm bore???????
Recommendation for what brand sleeves if running 15+psi??????

Alright but my question was is 81mm bore stronger then 84mm bore on the LS??? Would it be better and safer to go 81mm bore or 84mm bore if running 15+psi???

Not to be an ass but you just said if your sleeving 84mm wont be a problem that doesnt answer which is stronger. well anyways I heard that 84mm would require more fuel then 81mm, is this true??????

Not to be an ass but you just said if your sleeving 84mm wont be a problem that doesnt answer which is stronger. well anyways I heard that 84mm would require more fuel then 81mm, is this true??????
PLEASE USE COMMON SENSE!
Think about it logically, Larger bore means thinner sleeves, so if using the same sleeve, 84mm will be weaker, Now comparing aftermarket sleeves to stock sleeves is another matter, so be specific.
As far as the fuel, 84mm would mean more displacement, would more displacement require more fuel? think think think think think...

You guys are pretty aggressive. Forums are meant to ask questions even if they already have been posted before. I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION. How much are LS Blocks worth. What is the price range????? Another thing Is $900 for a RS Magnum sleeved LS block to much or would it be cheaper to buy a stock block and sleeve it yourself??????

Yea I know how much ls motors run for but im just looking for a price range just for the block itself not the long block. Cause I was trying to figure out would it be better to buy a cheap ls block in good condition and spend the money to resleeve it or would it be cheaper or better to buy sleeved block for $900 on ebay. I already have like 80% of my setup done. Oh yes I have been to honda-tech and I didnt like how they arrange the posts by date and not by most recent. I absolutely like hondaswap cause you guys know a lot which helps me tons and giving ideas of what I can do.

Last edited:
Well you guys know what your talking about and I appriciate what you have helped me with. Ill bug honda-tech now. lol

lol thats what my friend did and he only used 8 psi and threw a rod or something. Im not gonna take the risk of cracking my sleeves. I can't afford taking the risk. The CP Pistons I seen on ebay for the b18a 81 mm are not forged and I cant find CP forged pistons for that.

lol not really. I dont wanna take a risk when the stock sleeves can handle an average of 250-300hp and im gonna be pushing about 300 which is taking a risk.

Back