LS turbo what parts.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ilubmyEG

As far as im running I will be running a stock LS engine with a turbo.
I have been told swap out the valves with stainless ones.
Get a GSR oil pan.
GSR water pump
ARP bolts for gsr
GSR Girdle

Anything else? I would like a reliable setup but I will be romping a little when I need to pass cars and what not, I will be running around 10-15 psi on a t3/t4 turbo hybrid.
Also Was wondering what motor mounts to get. I see all these ones off ebay and stuff like little kits. But I dont want to get the wrong kit and I def dont want some POS motor mounts. Can I go with a no name brand full polyurathane mounts? I found some on ebay for like 160 for the full kit. It says b series into 96-00 civic so Im betting thats it :) any helps greatly appreciated thanks guys!!

Is the motor already in your car? Or do you still need to swap it? You can use factory Integra or Civic Si mounts if you want to. Otherwise, yes, just buy a kit that's meant to put a B-series engine into your car.

As for the parts list, I'm not sure if the GS-R water pump, oil pan, and girdle are really necessary. I'd probably just do the ARP hardware and maybe a bit of head work, and you should be good. Just make sure to get a good tune...

I know that a GS-R water pump on an LS wont work unless you like destroyed vavles, the LS is an 18 tooth pulley, and the vtecs are a 22 tooth. And are you planning on doing any kind of internal upgrades, because even 10psi is high for all stock internals. 7/8psi is safe for stock.

Dont focus on how much PSI your running, focus on horse power levels. Set a horse power goal and boost to it. If you wanna run a GSR water pump, then your gunna need to run a GSR oil pump too, and to turn both of em you hafta run the GSR timing belt too. Like efhondakid said, the pulley sizes are different, that makes the belt length different too. Also, since you were wondering, running both the GSR oil and water pumps is a good idea. You dont exactly need the girdle, but it only helps.

Im wanting just over 200 horses cause its my DD :) you guys are super for help! I got that information from a local here that has run a few ls vtecs and ls turbos. I could be wrong on what he told me cause i wasnt familiar with his exact wording. Thats why i came here because i get everyones opinnion. Im looking to build this all myself and the engine is not in the car yet. i still have to pull it out of the car its in, (wrecked 99 teg with a perfect engine LS) Should I get the manual for taking it all apart? I wana do it myself so I can learn but a buddy says take it to someone and pay then their is a garuntee that it all works just because im not a mechanic I just like to work on my own stuff because its look what I can do, Instead of Look at what Cody motorsports can do :) im thinking of only doing a valve swap to stainless for heat. and a b16 intake manifold. I already have the turbo manifold just need the gaskets and couplings for the turbo. Also swap the timing belt and ALL fluids out. and a water pump. Anything else i should do while its out? im hoping to only spend about a few weeks on all of that, aka pulling it out swapping out the valves timing belt and all fluids and getting it in my car. once all set in the car i was gonna put the turbo on. Any disagreements to that? my friend said put the turbo on after its in the car. He is a degree in mechanical engineering so I trust him. Thanks fellow honda owners!

Last edited:
200 is pretty conservative, you shouldnt need to do a whole lot to it. While its out, bearing and rings are always a good idea. ARP everything for assurance that it holds togather. Remember, if you run a GSR water pump you need the GSR oil pump too. Also, make sure your fuel system is up to par. No point in spendin the money on an engine only to have it go lean and blow up.

Yeah, I'd probably get the motor, make any repairs/modifications/tune-ups you want or need to do, then get it into your car and make sure it's running well before you worry about slapping the turbo on there.

You know that you'll need the Integra's transmission too, right?

You know that you'll need the Integra's transmission too, right?

Yes I have a FULL ls swap i have the whole car.

And it compressioned perfect in all cylinders we tested it before i bought it. its not leaking or anything and looks excellent condition only 99k miles for 650 bucks for the whole car.

Here is what im going to do for sure.

ARP Top and Bottom.
Timing Belt
Water Pump
Wahlbro fuel pump
550 Injectors
Rear disc brakes
Rear sway bar
rear camber kit
front camber kit
Tein basic damper coilover
front sway bar.
short shifter.

Im wanting about 230+ anywhere over 200 really Would enjoy. i want reliable and quickness cause its my dd.

I cant wait to start this shiaatt im so stoked. Last time I did it it took 3 days for the swap.. I know a little long but Im more for enjoying time with friends drinking the brew and having a good time.

Well you guys answered my questions again. thanks so much guys! I hope i have a camera for all of this. im sure a friend will! thanks again! Jesse in Utah with a 97 hatch silver full lip kit cf hood and cf wing!

Back