Ls TURBO what to do help???????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Samuels

Okay I'm about to scoop up a JDM LS motor from Noyan with under 50k saturday to get my hatch up and running. It is going in a EG hatch. What else do I need to get this thing running decently till I can get it tuned probably the end of january.
Setup and things I have currently
JDM stock LS motor
T3-T4 56 cold 60 hot
3inch DP
3inch exhaust with no cat
dumptube
Tial 38mm wastegate it has no spring from previous setup if I buy the 8.7psi spring is that the boost level i'll run without a boostcontroller??????????????
Turbo XS blowoff valve
EG IC piping 2.5inch
Apexi FMIC
Blox 12:1 FMU will this run the fuel managment till I can get it tuned 1 month later???

I plan to have my spareblock rebuilt gradually. Things I have from my old setup but are up FS..Is thier anything off the list that is a must keep????????

SAFC-Pending sale tommorow
AEM FPR-Pending sale tommorow
LS head-crower valvetrain,jg cam gears pending this week local
SRP 9:1 20 over pistons FS
Eagle Rods FS
rc 550'S FS
gREDDY PROFEC b FS

If the head deal falls thru this week and the pistons and rods are'nt sold by the 23rd i'm sending my extra LS block to the machine shop to be bored 20 over and having the rods and pistons installed with new bearings etc..

I'm really selling all these parts to get the car up and running quicker instead of waiting till mid jan to have everything rebuilt. I can sell these parts and get me a jdm LS for 800 and the parts basically pay for it. Or I can wait a few extra weeks and pay 920 for the full block rebuild and slap my head on with all new belts,seals,bearings ready to dropin..

Am I just being impatient???

What should I keep??

well, id just hold on to the parts and be patient.

i notice you didnt list a manifold. if you need a solid mani at a crackhead price hit me up. :cool:

Keep those 550s, you'll need them when you ditch the suckbox FMU. Toss the SAFC and Profec and snatch up a fuel pump and Uberdata parts. That could be a very fast setup if you replace those rods and get a solid tune.

What do you mean replace the rods?? I'm either gonna run a stock JDM LS motor or my motor is gonna be rebuilt..

If I buy a 8.7psi spring for my Tial 38mm thats how much boost I'll be running without the boost controller correct??

Can I run the 550's with the FMU??

I just need to get it up and running i'm driving a serious POS and its making me impatient...

I have a drag manifold for the guy who asks earlier. The turbo system is complete..

I know a FMU sucks it came brand new with the car. All i'm trying to do is get the car up and running but i'm getting impatient. The car will tuned correctly by a tuner on a dyno but it won't be until mid to late jan. It also already has a walbro 255 installed. My main problem is I don't have a stock header or exhaust to just put the motor in and drive it. The turbo housing is welded to a 3inch straight pipe with flex basically all the way out it has a 3inch tanabe muffler on the end but its 1 big piece. I did'nt do it so don't blast me. So I kinda need the turbo system hooked up and functional for daily driver I really don't beat on my cars anyway..

Can anybody tell me if I buy the 8.7psi spring for my tial will that be how much boost i'm running without a boost controller??

Quoted post[/post]]
What do you mean replace the rods?? I'm either gonna run a stock JDM LS motor or my motor is gonna be rebuilt..

Can I run the 550's with the FMU??

Well I think I just told you to wait and rebuild the motor. Be patient.

As for the 550s, you could run them with the FMU, but that dosen't mean you should.

Hella fuel pressure + Stock Honda Map + 120% larger injectors = gasoline swimming pool inside your intake manifold. So if I was going to be blunt, no you can't run 550s with the fuckbox.

skimp now, pay 3x as much later.

do it right the first time.

get a crome base map for your 550's.
throw out that fmu or ebay it.

don't bore your block out... all you are doing is thinning the sleeves and making them weaker....

I have to bore the block 20 over the SRP pistons are 20 over.. I'm gonna rebuild it I talked to the machine shop today i'm dropping it off on the 23rd...

Where can I buy a basemap I don't mind spending some dough but I don't have time for the hassle of hooking up something complicated..

Quoted post[/post]]
I have to bore the block 20 over the SRP pistons are 20 over.. I'm gonna rebuild it I talked to the machine shop today i'm dropping it off on the 23rd...

Where can I buy a basemap I don't mind spending some dough but I don't have time for the hassle of hooking up something complicated..

You are going to need to find a local tuner who knows what they are doing, and you are going to have to be nice to him. A lot of tuners find it irritating when someone jumps on them to tune without even trying to understand it. Be patient and humble when you go about asking.

Back