ls turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91integra91

1# shifter
i got a b18a1 and want to boost it what is a safe PSI on stock motor, or will i need to do internals......

i would always do internals but thats just me i would also replace your oil pump and water pump if you replace your internals you can boost more

what internals are you talking about eagle rods and what else

well im hoping the rods, crankshaft and pistons not shure what else i will need but, i am trying to reasecrh and not really doing that well???

i would stick with your stock crank unless you can find a gsr crank that would be better it's balance to a higher rpm if youwent that way you would need eagle gsr rods but i have a ls crank and i take mine up to 9 grand all day long i had a chance to run arias pistons but one of the guys at the track inspired me to run cp he was an insperation to me

if it was me i would not go over 7psi on a stock motor

actually the itr springs are dual spring and will let you rev higher and they should let you rev to 9k

:rolleyes:

I think everybody knows the ITR is a dual spring.. plus I have a set sitting on my kitchen counter right now so yea that's obvious.

They're only good to around 8650 revs with ITR cams, and anything over that you are going to be risking valve float..

Why rev that high anyway what kind of cams are you running that make power to 9K rpm?

thanx for the info guys..... another thing my buddy was telling me to run a stage 3 T but another buddy told me to get a stage 2 but the thing is.... doesnt stage 2 spool a bit faster at lower RPMS... but the t3 wouldnt that be for more high horspower car like 300+....

psi doesnt mean anything unless you know your turbo size, how much horsepower are you looking for, id say add a t3/t4 hybrid like a drag turbo kit could probably add close to 100 extra horsepower

yes that is true, i am thinking of a t3/t4 tubo mabey a garrett i might just use m stock crank and use the rods and pistons and etc for eagle, exhaust dam havent really got that eathier lol well mabey n1 mmmm looking for one at otption jm..... thankx for the infor though guys

stock crank is fine, and your stock rods and pistons are good for about 300horses, so you be the judge on what to do with your internals, but upgraded is always good...

yeah thats true upgrade is alwys good, and what is a good brand for fuel managment and boost control..... not shure cause my friend had shitty brand and his motor was a messed up... so alittle nervous on what brand to use?????

assuming your integra is a 91, convert to obd1 and use crome, neptune, hondata something of that sort. have it tuned by a pro not some chump then your motor wont blow up. or see if anyone in your area tunes obd0 on turboedit or something simialer

well i have a 1993 integra, sold my 91 for 1 grand it was a beater i bought this one for about 4 grand mint shape....

You're actually better off in that case because you're already OBD-1.. so you can use Crome, Hondata, etc. right out of the box. Go talk to the tuners in your area and see what they prefer to use as far as engine management and go with the one that everyone is most familiar with. No sense in running something that your tuning shop isn't experienced with.

thank you, that one helped allot abit confused but u answered it thanx

honstely i am just going to go stock motor cause im on a tight budget, anywyas do really need fuel manament and boost control o no

Back