1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LS/V-Tec "Turbo" cam question?

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by Sil VurFoX, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Sil VurFoX

Sil VurFoX Member

Here is what I have.. a 97' Civic "EX" with a 98' LS engine block, G.E. sleeves, Carrillo Rods, Wiseco 84mm 8.5:1cr turbo pistons.

I'm going LS/V-tec this year.. I have a 99" B16 V-Tec cylinder head +1mm over Intake valve, stock exh. valve.. working on new springs and retainers as I type this.

I have stock cams to put back in it for now Int-265 dur. / 10.5mm lift Exh-267 dur. / 9.6mm lift , measured with 0mm of lift.

I'm looking to make 350 ~ 380whp for street use, and closer to 550 ~ 600whp for dyno days. What manufacturer / cam profile would best suite this application?
  2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Dallas / Fort Worth, TX
    There aren't that many different varieties of turbo profile cams for the B series engines, so your choices are limited when compared to all motor cams. I would go with the Crower stage 2 turbo profile cam. It has a nice high lift without much overlap between the intake/exhaust events. You can make 350whp easily on the stock cams with enough boost- but if you're looking to push 600whp to show off, you'll want to start cranking up the efficiency of your head. Good cams are a great way to achieve that. Get someone to port your head according to your needs too- a good port guy will tailor the job to your power requirements, cam profile, displacement etc.
  3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

Retirement Home
    if you want to make good power on the dyno, throw out those 8.5:1 pistons. WAYYYY to low. get 9.5:1's.

600whp is easy to hit with the right turbo.

you want a full-race setup with the t3/t67, 1000cc injectors, a standalone, and a lot of balls when you strap it to the dyno
Draft saved Draft deleted