LS/V-Tec "Turbo" cam question?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Here is what I have.. a 97' Civic "EX" with a 98' LS engine block, G.E. sleeves, Carrillo Rods, Wiseco 84mm 8.5:1cr turbo pistons.

I'm going LS/V-tec this year.. I have a 99" B16 V-Tec cylinder head +1mm over Intake valve, stock exh. valve.. working on new springs and retainers as I type this.

I have stock cams to put back in it for now Int-265 dur. / 10.5mm lift Exh-267 dur. / 9.6mm lift , measured with 0mm of lift.

I'm looking to make 350 ~ 380whp for street use, and closer to 550 ~ 600whp for dyno days. What manufacturer / cam profile would best suite this application?

There aren't that many different varieties of turbo profile cams for the B series engines, so your choices are limited when compared to all motor cams. I would go with the Crower stage 2 turbo profile cam. It has a nice high lift without much overlap between the intake/exhaust events. You can make 350whp easily on the stock cams with enough boost- but if you're looking to push 600whp to show off, you'll want to start cranking up the efficiency of your head. Good cams are a great way to achieve that. Get someone to port your head according to your needs too- a good port guy will tailor the job to your power requirements, cam profile, displacement etc.

if you want to make good power on the dyno, throw out those 8.5:1 pistons. WAYYYY to low. get 9.5:1's.

600whp is easy to hit with the right turbo.

you want a full-race setup with the t3/t67, 1000cc injectors, a standalone, and a lot of balls when you strap it to the dyno

Back