ls/v

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

skee10

skee10
i got a 99 ls....but i want to do the ls/v......what head would be better and once i get the head i know i have to run a oil return line for the vtec is there a kit i can get for that or what...and aslo...how do u do it..???

there is a writeup on how to do the ls/vtec oil line install in the refrence or the swap sections of the forum, as far as a head, if money isn't an issue go with the type r, if you can't afford a type r, go with gsr, if not that then do a b17, if not that then do a b16 sirII or b16a2, they will be decreasingly expensive in that order and will make less power the further down the list you go, just make sure you get the right ecu for your project, p73 for ITR, p72 for gsr or b17, and p2t for either of the b16 engines.

i got a 99 ls....but i want to do the ls/v......what head would be better and once i get the head i know i have to run a oil return line for the vtec is there a kit i can get for that or what...and aslo...how do u do it..???

Golden Eagle makes an LS/VTEC kit, just check out their site, and good luck with your build buddy.

shit you can run a p28 chipped ecu their better but they suggest a type r or a gsr chipped i did that and wasen't getting enough oil to the crank i would atleast change out the oil pump to a type r and a new gsr water pump inline 4 sells both of them oem for pretty cheap thats what i'm doin after about 1300 going back into my block for turbo

shit you can run a p28 chipped ecu their better but they suggest a type r or a gsr chipped i did that and wasen't getting enough oil to the crank i would atleast change out the oil pump to a type r and a new gsr water pump inline 4 sells both of them oem for pretty cheap thats what i'm doin after about 1300 going back into my block for turbo

Word

yeah i freakin spun a bearing so now i gotta buy a new crank and since i'm buying a crank i'm buying new rods and pistons i'm going with a eagle crank and rods and then i don't know what pistons i'm going with i think either ross racing pistons, weisco pistons or cp dunno yet gotta see but imma have a built bottom end

what kind of cams and gears shoud i run...and ive got a skunk 2 intake mainfold to go along with my skunk 2 exhaust system...and im thinking about taking the b16 throtle body and takin it to a machine shop to get bored out...instead of paying the money for a brand new one....any suggestions?

what kind of cams and gears shoud i run...and ive got a skunk 2 intake mainfold to go along with my skunk 2 exhaust system...and im thinking about taking the b16 throtle body and takin it to a machine shop to get bored out...instead of paying the money for a brand new one....any suggestions?

Boring a throttle body dosen't do you any good unless you actually buy the larger valve to match the new bore size. What I'm saying is if you bore it out and leave the valve the same diameter, you're valve is still the pinch point for airflow. So I would just buy a larger throttle body or bore it out and buy a valve to match the new diameter. As for cams, if you're just looking for a little more agressive setup, go with the ITR or CTR cams. If you have the money and compression, go with a S2 or S3 type cam. If you're doing a mild boost, the GSR cams should do you just fine.

if i get my compression checked....what should good compression be .....b.c i eventully want to boost it ...and i want it to be able to hold the boost...and im lookin to push some where about 9-12 when its all said and done...(with the build that is)

Back